Thursday, May 16

Today Celebrates: Endangered Species Day, Love a Tree Day, Sea Monkey Day, and Wear Purple for Peace Day!

Lunch for today includes: Sausage Egg and Cheese Croissant, MaxStix with Meat Sauce, Steamed Corn, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Diced Peaches, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Attention After School Academy Participants. This is a friendly reminder that TODAY is the LAST day of After School Academy this year. Thank you to everyone who participated!

The Decatur Film Society will meet after school TODAY in the DNN studio to take our yearbook photo and to discuss the last film watched. We will take the photo at 2:45 prior to snacks, so please be prompt. See Mr. Thompson with questions.

Did you know that Decatur has our own Literary Magazine? Well, we do, and it showcases stories, poems, and artwork from our very own students! Best yet, you can submit artwork for this years publication!

Seniors! We need those baby pictures! We have only received 145 photos of the 300 plus graduating. Last minute photos will not make it in the video, so don’t wait, send it in NOW! Photos can be emailed to [email protected] or a hard copy can be dropped off to the DNN studio. If emailing your photo, please include your first and last name in the subject line. If dropping off a hard copy, please write your first and last name on the back of the photo. Photos are due by May 17th! See Mr. Thompson with questions.

Decatur Theatre would like to invite you to this year’s Annual “Shakespeare Under the Stars”, Measure for Measure. Performances will take place TONIGHT and Friday night at 7:00 pm, and Saturday, May 18th at 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm in the Gladys C. Burbage Courtyard Theatre. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and can be purchased at the door or online at decaturtheatre.com. If there are any questions about tickets, touch base with Mr. Cater in the Black Box Theatre. We look forward to seeing you there.

Decatur Nation! Save the Date! It’s time to Cool Off with the National English Honor Society. On Thursday, May 23rd, stop by Playa Bowls by Walmart between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. and a percentage of proceeds go to NEHS and the various service projects we host each year. Stay Cool and Donate on May 23rd at Playa Bowls!

There will be lifts from 5:00 until 6:00 in the weight room for any girls interested in trying out for the girls soccer team in the fall. Please arrive 15 mins before and see Ms. Rendina with any questions.

A big Seahawk congratulations goes out to Solomon David who qualified to advance to the Maryland State track meet in the high jump with a jump of 10 feet 11 inches earning him a 2nd place finish at the 3A East Regional Track meet. Good luck to Lotus Wise and Eddie Quick who advanced to the finals today in the 200 meter and the 110 high hurdles and to our other Decatur athletes completing in their events today. Here’s hoping for another state qualifying finish today.

The Girls Lacrosse team beat Hereford last night in the state quarterfinals. It was a high tallying game with amazing team offense. Caitlin Shimko lead in total points with 3 goals and 5 assists. Mariabella Morse had a big night with 5 goals, and Laila Pascucci, and Kennedy Kirby each with 3. Controlling possession with draws was Caitlin Shimko with 9 and Sadie Kauffman with 8. The girls take on Queen Annes in the state Semifinals on Friday at Kent Island.

At 10:00 AM Tennis competes in the District Tournament in Cambridge

At 3:00 PM Track and Field competes in Regionals at North County High – dismissal at 11:00

At 4:00 PM Varsity Softball battles North Caroline in the Region Final at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!