• January 18Congrats to Jude Al-Hamad for winning the PBIS Rewards VIP of the Game on Jan. 16

• January 15Congrats to Mrs. Smith for becoming Decatur's 2019 Teacher of the Year

• January 15Congrats to Coach Krall for acceptance into the 2019 Eastern Shore Golf Hall of Fame

Wednesday, January 2

Today Celebrates: Run up the Flagpole and See if Anyone Salutes Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken & Waffles, Sweet & Sour Meatballs, Brown Rice, Steamed Broccoli, Chilled Mixed Fruit, Milk!

2019 is here and people not only plunged into their New Year’s resolutions, but they also plunged into the Ocean. The 25th annual Penguin Swim took place early Tuesday in Ocean City. A chilly New Year tradition where swimmers plunge into the Atlantic Ocean on New Year’s Day. A fundraiser dedicated to raising money for Atlantic General Hospital.

Dozens of extras are needed for an indie thriller set to be filmed in Ocean City beginning next fall. Philadelphia-based Nick Belial, a writer, producer and photographer, will make his directorial debut with ‘To Avenge,” a crime/thriller described as “fueled by an emotionally gut-wrenching assault, an enigmatic heroine and an aggressive classic rock soundtrack.” Extras with non-speaking roles will get screen credit while any extra who gets a speaking role, even if it’s a line or two, will get IMDb credit, Belial said.

Decatur Seniors! If you have not had portraits done by LifeTouch, your picture will not appear in the yearbook. If you have had senior portraits taken by another company, you will still need to have your picture taken by LifeTouch. You can obtain information for making an appointment in the Salisbury Studio in the Main office or through Mr. Thompson in the DNN Studio. The deadline for getting their picture done is February 1st.

This is just a friendly reminder that all Media Expo entries must be turned into the Library Media Center by Wednesday, January 3.

Pre-order your copy of the Seahawk Yearbook TODAY by going to www.yearbookforever.com. From now until January 5th, enter the code gift4you at check out to receive $10.00 off of your purchase! Don’t Delay, Pre-order Today!

Congratulations to the wrestling team which took 2nd place at the laplata duals over the break. The team won 7 matches and it’s only loss came to 6 time defending state champ Damascus. Going 7 and 1 were Nico d’amico, noah Reho, and Dakota souder. Jagger Clapsadle finished 8 and 0. Come out tonight as the wrestling team takes on Queen Anne’s at 5 pm at home.

At 2:00 PM Indoor Track competes at Worcester County Rec. – dismissal at 12:30

At 3:00 PM Boys JV and Varsity Wrestling battles Queen Anne’s at home

At 3:45 PM Unified Bowling has Practice at Ocean Lanes – departure at 3:00

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Make it a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!

Wednesday, January 2