Wednesday, January 24

Today Celebrates: Compliment Day and Global Belly Laugh Day!

Lunch for today includes: Ham and Cheese Rippers, Popcorn Chicken with Roll, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Steamed Broccoli, Diced Peaches, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

You could win up to five hundred dollars! The Optimist Essay Writing Contest has been extended until Friday, February 2nd! Write an essay, 700 to 800 words, telling how optimism connects us, and you could win a monetary award! See any English teacher for an application and more information.

The winter session of the After School Academy is underway! Registration is still open so check out the flyers posted around school for a full list of programs offered and sign up using the QR code – OR through the school’s website. Get involved, become enriched!

There will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting TOMORROW at 7:15 in D-151, Mr. Drahiem’s room. See Mrs. Kolurri or Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott if you have any questions. All are welcome!

Dungeons and Dragons has started up again and meets each Thursday, including TOMORROW in the library! If you are new to the game and have any questions stop by the library and speak with Mr. vonRigler. Sign-ups are located around the school.

The Intro to Theatre class would like to invite you to a series of staged readings. This year’s production, Bending The Truth, is a student devised show written and performed by the Intro to Theatre class, with pieces directed by senior Abbi Weeks. The production goes up TOMORROW, January 25th at 6:30 pm in the Black Box Theatre. Tickets are $5 for adults, and $3 for students. For more information or to order tickets online, visit www.decaturtheatre.com We look forward to seeing you there!

Decatur Nation! The Decatur News Network is your school’s broadcast news station, and we want to share your information with the school and community! Posters don’t always cut it, so share your upcoming fundraisers and events with DNN so we can inform the school! Coaches, we want to share in your wins and successes! Send in any and all announcements to [email protected] to have them shared on the announcements, which is posted to YouTube and on decaturhawk.com, the e-edition of your school newspaper. Need them announced on a specific day? Make sure to email the announcement by 7:20 the morning of. See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Calling all softball players! Any girl interested in playing softball this spring, see Coach Kurtz in room A-172 for pre-season workout information and schedule.

Attention Winter Teams! This is a friendly reminder of your upcoming team photos this Friday, January 26th. Check with your coaches for your scheduled time. These photos are for the yearbook and cannot be made up if missed.

Congratulations to the girls JV Basketball team on their 8th win of the season defeating Washington by the score of 52 to 14. The Seahawks were led by Lily Carson’s 12 points followed by Ava Konyar’s 10 points and Mackenzie Chmsr’s 8 points!!

Congratulations to the Girl’s Varsity Basketball team over its 62 to 13 victory over the Washington Jaguars last night to advance their record to 6 to 4. Allison Swift had 12 points, Jozlyn Tyre 9 points, Sadie Kauffman had 8 points and 8 steals, April Bondurant and Maliyah Manuel each contributed 7. Reagan Sterrs had an impressive 12 rebounds to help the Seahawks control the boards. This team victory is just the start of a 4 game week for the ladies. Next up, the Seahawks take on the Crabbers on Thursday.

At 2:00 PM Boys and Girls Indoor Track competes at the Worcester Rec Center – dismissal at 12:15

At 4:30 PM Boys JV Basketball plays at Crisfield – dismissal at 2:30

At 5:00 PM Wrestling battles WiHi at home during Senior Night!

At 6:00 PM Boys Varsity Basketball plays at Crisfield – dismissal at 2:30

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!