Friday, March 15

Today Celebrates: Buzzards Day, Dumbstruck Day, and the Ides of March!

Lunch for today includes: Mickeys Cheese Pizza, Cheeseburger, Oven Baked Crinkle Fries, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Diced Pears, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Class of 2024! Your time to shine is quickly approaching. You each have been added to a new course on Schoology entitled, DNN Senior News. Make sure you check that periodically for important information regarding baby photos for the graduation video, senior superlatives, and of course, senior quotes. An update has been posted with important dates, so check it out and please tell you senior friends.

Attention all 1st semester marching band students. It’s Friday and the Ocean City St. Patrick’s Day parade is tomorrow. This is a reminder that we will have a marching band practice TODAY during Mr. Foell’s 5th period class. This rehearsal will include all instrumentalists, colorguard, and band staff involved with Saturday’s parade. Teachers, there has been a list of names of those people who are to report to rehearsal in your inboxes, so please check your email. That’s Saint Patrick’s parade practice today, 5th period, in Mr. Foell’s room. See you soon!

Decatur Theatre invites you to this year’s March Production of Oscar Wilde’s The Canterville Ghost, adapted by Tim Kelly, and performed with special permission from Concord Theatricals. Performances will be TONIGHT at 7:00 pm, and tomorrow, March 16th at 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm in the Auditorium. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and can be purchased at the door or online at www.decaturtheatre.com. If there are any questions about tickets, touch base with Mr. Cater in the Black Box Theatre. We look forward to seeing you there!

Stephen Decatur Cheer is back again with their annual fundraiser “Egg My Yard”. If you would like to surprise your kids, neighbors, and/or friends with some easter fun, then let the Cheerleaders deliver candy filled eggs! You can choose from four different egg packages and to have your eggs delivered to your porch or scattered in the yard. Scan the QR code on the flyers or outside of Miss. Johnson classroom C129 to fill out the google doc form. Payment is by cash or check only and checks should be made payable to Stephen Decatur High School. If paying with cash, please give it to Miss. Johnson in an envelope with your name.

Decatur Nation! Want to win a basket filled with gift cards and other prizes? The National English Honor Society is holding a Bunny Bonus Basket drawing on Tuesday, March 26th. How do you enter your name for the drawing? Purchase a candy filled egg for one dollar each during all lunch shifts beginning on Monday, March 18th until Monday, March 25th. Each egg has a sweet treat and also a raffle ticket which will be used for the drawing. The more eggs you buy, the more chances you have of winning the prize basket worth over one hundred dollars!

Decatur is sponsoring a school-wide beach supply drive benefiting Believe in Tomorrow, an organization that treats children stricken will illness to a stress-free vacation at the beach. Bring in beach shovels, playing cards, sunscreen, coloring books, beach toys and more. Collection boxes are in the main office, the CRT Office, and Mrs. Thompson’s room A168. Let’s show them “there’s no place like the beach!”

Don’t let the new semester get away from you! Schedule an appointment with the Seahawk Writing Center to ensure quality papers and essays this semester. Sessions are only 30 minutes long, but the impacts can last a lifetime. Sign up for a session by scanning the QR code on the flyers posted around school.

Looking for a summer job? Do you like having your own money? Attend the job fair on Thursday, April 4th from 9:00 am until 12:00 pm in the gym. Dress to impress, bring a resume but not required.

At 4:00 PM Girls Varsity Lacrosse battles Sussex Academy at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!