• April 23Band concert May 2

• April 17Presidential service forms due on 4/29

• April 17Prom on 4/27

• April 12Seniors continue to bring in baby pictures to Mr. Thompson

Tuesday, April 16

Today Celebrates: National Librarian Day, National Stress Awareness Day, and Save the Elephant Day!

Lunch for today includes: Crispy Popcorn Chicken, Soft Tacos, Pinto Beans, Sweet Potato Fries, Chilled Mixed Fruit, Roll, and Milk.

Decatur Nation! This week is the Annual Surfrider Club Earth Week! Each day this week, participate in daily activities to celebrate the earth and most importantly, protect it. Today, help reduce waste by only taking one paper towel during “Take One Tuesday”. Tomorrow is “Waste Free Wednesday”. Do your part to reduce waste by packing a waste free lunch! Check out the flyers on social media and around school to learn more!

Seniors! Keep bringing in those baby pictures for the 2019 Graduation Ceremony. Please submit ONE baby picture to Mr. Thompson with your name written on the back. If you have a digital photo to submit, please email it to [email protected] Pictures can be dropped off in the morning before the 7:57 bell, or in between classes. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thompson.

Attention anyone still interested in purchasing a prom ticket. Tickets are now $55. They will be available after school today tomorrow morning and afternoon and Thursday morning and at early dismissal. Starting next week on Tuesday and Wednesday only tickets will be $60. There will be no ticket sales after Wednesday next week.

Remember before purchasing a ticket you must fill out the online survey at www.sdhsprom.weebly.com and have the “I’m Debtless” forum completely signed off. Which means Media Center deaths, School debts and class dues are all paid off. Again prom tickets will be on sale this afternoon tomorrow morning and afternoon and Thursday morning and at early dismissal don’t wait until next week tickets are $60 on Tuesday and Wednesday. See mr. Greenwood in C174 with any questions.

Attention Students who are planning to go to Wor-Wic for Dual Enrollment next school year. Registration for fall classes are now open! Make sure you have the proper paperwork turned in to the guidance office. Then you can go to Wor-Wic to register. The sooner you go the better choices of classes and class times you will have. You must bring a copy of your schedule back to your school counselor in guidance. If you have questions please see Ms. Redden or Mrs. Riley in guidance.

Presidential Service Awards tracking forms are due to Mrs. Chetelat two weeks from today on April 29th by 3 pm. No late forms will be accepted. No exceptions!

Attention Juniors: Are you interested in public relations, social media, and/or event planning? Community internships are available at this time. See Mrs. Berquist for information. Don’t delay, there are deadlines for the application.

Decatur! Next week is our Pre-Prom Spirit Week Dress Days! On Tuesday, wear your Decatur Apparel and showcase your Decatur Pride! Wednesday will be all about mother nature during Earth and Environmental Day while Thursday show off your college and/or career aspirations and finish the week by celebrating Worcester County and Maryland Pride! Sponsored by SGA!

Would you like to see your favorite administrator in a Prom Dress? What about ALL the administrators in a Prom Dress? How much we raise determines who we see in a Prom Dress. Donate NOW during lunch shifts! Starting in increments of one hundred dollars, see Dr. Bunting, Mr. Green, Mr. Sites, Mr. Hill and Mrs. Cater dance through the cafeteria on April 26th. Sponsored by NEHS and SGA.

Do you need help with a paper? Would you like someone to help you brainstorm, draft, or revise, or edit your paper for government, science, or English? Schedule an appointment with Seahawk Writing Center at SCHEDULICITY.com under workshops. Each session in Schedulicity is 30 minutes. Get help with your paper, get on your way. Free snack and gift for coming to the Seahawk Writing Center during the month of April. That’s SCHEDULICITY.com.

Atlantic Athlete Outreach is having a used sports equipment drive continuing today until Thursday, April 18. Each item is one point and the winning class gets doughnuts. NO SHOES! Any shoes donated will not count for points. Please contact Mrs. Purnell with any questions.

There will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting the Thursday 4/18 at 7:25 in A-121, Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott’s room. All are welcome!

At 10:00 AM Boys and Girls Bocce play Districts in Fruitland – dismissal at 8:30

At 4:00 PM JV Softball battles North Caroline at home

At 4:00 PM JV Baseball battles North Caroline at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!

Tuesday, April 16