Wednesday, April 17

Today Celebrates: National Cheeseball Day, Blah, Blah, Blah Day, and International Haiku Poetry Day!

Lunch for today includes: Pizza Crunchers, Chicken Patty Sandwich, Steamed Brussel Sprouts, Steamed Carrots, Fresh Fruit, Pineapple Tidbits, and Milk.

Congratulations to Finn Ramnarain for being the Maryland Council on Economic Education Investwrite State Champion.

Class of 2024! The senior quote submission form is NOW open and will remain open until Friday, April 26th. Only those seniors with senior portraits in the yearbook will get a senior quote and we need at least 175 quote submissions, or no senior quotes will be included in the yearbook. Lastly, inappropriate quotes will be replaced with a generic quote, so be smart and submit on time!

Seniors! We are now accepting baby photos for the senior graduation video. Photos can be emailed to [email protected] or a hard copy can be dropped off to the DNN studio. If emailing your photo, please include your first and last name in the subject line. If dropping off a hard copy, please write your first and last name on the back of the photo. Photos are due by May 17th! See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Attention Students: The Honor Roll WeXL Banquet will be held on April 30th. Please check the lists posted by the cafeteria during lunch shifts and pick up your invitation. If you plan to attend, we need the RSVP card and your money turned in right away, no later than Friday April 26th. Please everyone check the list for your name!

Decatur’s chapter of the National English Honor Society is hosting a membership drive. We are looking for dedicated students who have interest in serving their community, a combined GPA of 3.5 or higher in all English classes, and experience in two English electives. If you’re interested, see any English teacher for an application. For more information on the Seahawk Lyceum, visit the school’s website under extracurricular activities. Applications are due to Mrs. Terlizzi or Mr. Thompson by 3:00 pm THIS Friday.

We now have another special message from Principal Sites regarding the new safety protocol we adopted this year. (Roll I Love You Guys 2 1:33:12) Remember, if you have questions about any of these, please see an administrator.

Calling all writers! The National English Honor Society is holding the 11th Annual Peggy Hevel Memorial Writing Contest. NEHS is taking submissions in two categories, Poetry and Short Story, and monetary prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category, with first place receiving 100 dollars. Submissions are due to Mrs. Terlizzi by 3:00 pm THIS Friday, April 19th. See any English teacher for a submission form.

The Girls JV and Varsity Lacrosse teams battled Queen Annes last night. They dedicated their games to Morgan’s Message, a Mental Health Awareness organization for student-athletes. Both games came down to the very end with JV winning 7 to 6 and Varsity winning 10 to 7. It was a full team effort with defense making huge stops, attack converting on goals, and midfield controlling the transition. Senior, co-captain, Sadie Kauffman, had a dominant performance with 5 goals and 8 draw controls! Congratulations on this exciting victory!

At 4:00 PM JV Baseball plays at Delmarva Christian – dismissal at 1:45

At 4:00 PM Boys JV Lacrosse plays at Queen Anne’s – dismissal at 12:45

At 4:00 PM Unified Bocce takes on Snow Hill at home

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Lacrosse plays at Queen Anne’s – dismissal at 2:00

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!