Wednesday, September 11

Lunch for today includes: Chili and Chips, Chicken and Waffle, Steamed Cauliflower, Local Watermelon, and Milk.

Today’s Weather calls for mostly sunny skies with a couple pop-up evening thunderstorms possible. Highs in the low 90s.

Today marks the 18th anniversary of the September 11th Terrorists attacks on America, which claimed the lives of 2,977 people. Today, take time to reflect on the events, those lost, and everyone effected in the aftermath. “Even the smallest act of service, the simplest act of kindness, is a way to honor those we lost, a way to reclaim that spirt of unity that followed September 11th.” Please join us in an extra moment of silence after the pledge to honor the memory of souls lost on that day in history.

There are several upcoming college visits taking place in guidance. On September 16, Franklin and Marshall College will be here at 9:00 a.m. and on September 19, The University of Delaware will be here at 9:00 a.m. while Texas A and M University-College Station will visit at 10 am. For the full list and to sign up, please visit Naviance.

Attention Seniors. Do you like politics? Are you interested in the legislature or how laws get made and passed? Are you passionate about a particular cause in the state of Maryland? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may want to become a Maryland Page. Information and applications are available outside of the CRT office. See Mrs. Berquist if you have any questions.

Attention Freshmen! If you are interested in becoming a freshman class officer, come see Mrs. Culver in D157 or Mrs. Genovesi in C144A for a sign up sheet by Friday, September 13th! Elections will be held on September 17th!

The National English Honor Society is looking for volunteers for their annual haunted hallway. The first meeting is Thursday, September 19th in the cafeteria. Volunteers will receive service hours for government or the presidential award right here at school.

Key Club will hold its first meeting TOMORROW, Thursday, September 12th in Mrs. Saullo’s room, C181 directly after school. Anyone interested in learning more is invited to attend.

The first Mu Alpha Theta meeting will be held TOMORROW, Thursday September 12th at 2:50 in Mrs. Olson’s room.

The Seahawk Writing Center is looking for tutors! All are welcome to our first meeting on Monday September 16th In Mrs Terlizzi’s room right after school. Hope to see you then!

Does your club or organization have an upcoming meeting or event that you need publicized? Send any and all announcements to [email protected] for them to air on the morning announcements.

Do you like pancakes? Come support the field hockey team at IHOP this Wednesday, September 11th, from 3-9. 20% of the proceeds support our team. See you there!

Congrats to the golf team on their 5th win of the season. The team was led by Brady Leonard with a 40 followed by Jacob Bauer 41 and Abby Wesche 42.

Incredible game from the Boys JV soccer team as there season kicks off with two wins in two days, yesterday the team went toe to toe with Crisfield High school coming away with a 4-1 win! The goals came from Dalton Bunting with a 360 degree volley. Ryan McLaughlin put us ahead in the game with a wonderful strike. Dalton Bunting then returned to the field to put away a perfect penalty! Our last scorer was Vance Jenkins who slotted away a world class finish receiving a phenomenal pass through from Gabe Giezer! Well done JV!

Yesterday afternoon the boys varsity soccer team remained undefeated on the season with a 3 to 1 victory over Crisfield High School. Scoring goals for the Seahawks were Hunter Wolf, James Barrett and Eric Gwin. In the goal, Zach Powers recorded 6 saves. The boys play at home this Friday night at 5:30. Come out and catch the game.

There will be a brief meeting on Thursday, September 12th outside the library at 2:30 pm for all that have signed up for Unified Tennis and for those who are interested. Anyone who can’t make the meeting please see Ms. Dorman in C162 or Mr. Hall in the Guidance Office.

At 4:00 PM Boys and Girls Cross Country competes at home

At 4:00 PM Girls JV Soccer battles Kent Island at home

At 4:00 PM JV Volleyball spikes Easton at home

At 5:00 PM Varsity Volleyball takes on Easton at home

At 5:30 PM Girls Varsity Soccer battles Kent Island at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Make it a fantastic day Decatur!