Friday, February 7

Today Celebrates: Bubble Gum Day and Send a Card to a Friend Day!

Lunch for today includes: Cheese or Chicken Buffalo Big Daddy’s Pizza, Cheeseburger, Seasoned Spiral Cut Fries, Steamed Turnip Greens, Chilled Mixed Berry Cups, Roll, and Milk.

Congratulations to the Mock Trial team for winning their defense argument lead by Captains Lydia Woodley and Jayden Johnstone in the meet yesterday against Gunston High School. Much of the team received a 5 out of 5 for their performances.

Thank you to the early signups for the blood drive. The drive is Tuesday, March 3rd in the gym. We have 61 donation slots to fill between 8:45 AM and 12:30 PM. Please sign up soon the blood bank brings extra help. Forms are available from Ms. Malone, Ms. McIntosh and any Key Club member. Remember that the donations grow the scholarship fund. Key Club thanks you.

Worcester Technical High School will be holding a Trades and Human Services Night on Tuesday, February 11th beginning at 5:30 pm. All current 9th, 10th, and 11th graders are invited to come out for an informational night to learn about the courses of study in the trades and human services. This is a great opportunity to meet the teachers and get information that will assist you as you make course selections for next year! Please see the flyer posted outside of the DNN studio for list of courses.

This February, NEHS is hosting the African American Read-In in the Media Center. The event will take place on February 19th after school from 3:00 to 4:00. Come on in the Media Center and read a famous piece from an African American author! NEHS will also be collecting elementary school books from the 18th through the 21st, if you have any elementary school books that you do not want, please bring them in. If you have any questions about this event see Mrs. Terlizzi!

What’s better than a Valentines Day card? A Compliment Card! Starting today, the Leo Club will be selling Compliment Cards which can be purchased at lunch for only a dollar. Brighten someone’s day with a compliment, thank you, or some other special message which will be delivered next Friday with two Dum-Dum lollipops attached. Buy one for your special someone, your entire crew of friends, or a teacher who cares. Don’t be a Dum-Dum; give one to everyone you know!

The Stephen Decatur Gay – Sexuality Alliance group will be meeting on Wednesday, February 12th at 3 pm in Ms. Patnode’s room, C129. This group is to encourage acceptance and an alliance among all students. We have an open door policy and would love anyone interested in meeting and helping support each other to stop by. If you have any questions feel free to see Ms. Patnode! This group was formerly known as United As One.

Congrats to the Girls JV Basketball team on their win against WiHi 45-36. The team was again led by Meredith Eitel’s 16 points and Jessica Becks 12. And congrats to Sadie Peters on her first career 3

There will be boys lacrosse drop ins this Saturday from 2:00 until 4:00 in the stadium.

There will be an interest meeting for any gentlemen or ladies that plan on playing tennis in the spring, TODAY at 2 p.m. in the cafeteria. If you’re an afternoon Worcester Technical High School student see Mr. Greenwood in C-174 on Friday after second period.

At 4:00 PM Varsity Wrestling takes on Bennett at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility! Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!