Monday, February 10

Today Celebrates: Clean out Your Computer Day and Umbrella Day!

Lunch for today includes: Mickey’s Cheese Pizza, Baked Popcorn Chicken, Baked Onion Rings, Brussel Sprouts, Chilled Peaches, Roll, and Milk.

Please plan to attend the Media Expo this Thursday, February 13 at Worcester Technical High School. Entries may be viewed from 5 to 6, followed promptly by the Awards Ceremony.

Thank you to the early signups for the blood drive. The drive is Tuesday, March 3rd in the gym. We have 61 donation slots to fill between 8:45 AM and 12:30 PM. Please sign up soon the blood bank brings extra help. Forms are available from Ms. Malone, Ms. McIntosh and any Key Club member. Remember that the donations grow the scholarship fund. Key Club thanks you.

Worcester Technical High School will be holding a Trades and Human Services Night on Tuesday, February 11th beginning at 5:30 pm. All current 9th, 10th, and 11th graders are invited to come out for an informational night to learn about the courses of study in the trades and human services. Please see the flyer posted outside of the DNN studio for list of courses.

This February, NEHS is hosting the African American Read-In in the Media Center. The event will take place on February 19th after school from 3:00 to 4:00. Come on in the Media Center and read a famous piece from an African American author! NEHS will also be collecting elementary school books from the 18th through the 21st. If you have any questions about this event see Mrs. Terlizzi!

What’s better than a Valentines Day card? A Compliment Card! The Leo Club is selling Compliment Cards during lunch for only $1. Brighten someone’s day on February 14th when they receive a special card from you with Dum-Dums attached. Buy one for your special someone, friends, or a teacher who cares. Get yours today!

As we begin the third week of the spring semester, make sure you have all the supplies you need to succeed! The National English Honor Society’s school supply store, located behind the indoor concession stand will be open every Wednesday, during all lunch shifts! Stock up on supplies while saving money!

The Stephen Decatur Gay – Sexuality Alliance group will be meeting on Wednesday, February 12th at 3 pm in Ms. Patnode’s room, C129. This group is to encourage acceptance and an alliance among all students. We have an open door policy and would love anyone interested in meeting and helping support each other to stop by. If you have any questions feel free to see Ms. Patnode!

There will be a Relay For Life Team meeting after school today in Mr. Thompson’s room. Bring your fundraising ideas for the spring!

Congratulations to the Wrestling Team who ended the regular season with at 22 to 0 record by defeating James M. Bennett 50 to 25 on Friday night. The wrestling team needs your help! They host the regional finals Wednesday night at home at 5:30. Come out and support the Seahawk wrestlers Wednesday!

Anyone that did not attend the boys and girls tennis interest meeting on Friday, please see Mr. Greenwood in between classes in C-174 ASAP to pick up the information packet.

At 3:00 PM Unified Bowling strikes at Pocomoke Lanes – dismissal at 1:15

At 4:00 PM Girls JV Basketball battles Queen Annes at home

At 5:00 PM Boys JV Basketball plays at Queen Annes – dismissal at 2:00

At 5:30 PM Girls Varsity Basketball battles Queen Annes at home

At 6:30 PM Boys Varsity Basketball plays at Queen Annes – dismissal at 2:00

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility! Have a Magnificent Monday Decatur!