Tuesday, April 30

Today Celebrates: Honesty Day, Hairstyle Appreciation Day, National Raisin Day, and International Jazz Day!

Lunch for today includes: Mickey’s Cheese Pizza, Hot Dog on Bun, Tater Tots, Steamed Broccoli, Fresh Fruit, Applesauce Cup, and Milk.

Attention Seniors: ALL seniors owe $20.00 for class dues. A table will be set up outside the cafeteria all this week. This debt must be paid before you will be allowed to buy your ticket for prom.

Attention Juniors and Seniors: A lengthy message was sent to ALL Juniors and Seniors to your schoology inbox. Make sure you check that out for all information regarding prom. If you’re attending prom you must get a Debt-less sign off sheet completed prior to prom ticket purchase. This sign off is required for ALL SDHS students attending prom, regardless of grade.

If you’re bringing a non-SDHS student, you must complete an out of school guest form, which are available in the main office, and have it approved by administration prior to ticket purchase as well. Approval process takes one to two school days. See your grade level administrator with questions.

Prom tickets are on sale NOW, before and after school in the square! Tickets are $50 each. See Mr. Greenwood with questions.

Get ready to spread some love and appreciation for our amazing teachers at SDHS with the Black Student Union’s ‘Thank a Teacher’ fundraiser happening this week during each lunch shift. Show your gratitude for their hard work and dedication by buying a casual day sticker. One for two dollars and three for five dollars. Not only will you be supporting a great cause, but the money raised will also go towards having an awesome senior class cookout. So, let’s come together, make a difference, and have some fun while thanking SDHS teachers! Remember, a simple ‘thank you’ can go a long way. Your support means the world to us!

Members of the Educators Rising will have a meeting TOMORROW, Wednesday, May 1st directly after school in the Media Center. We will celebrate our BES success, get our picture taken for the yearbook, and plan our surprises for Teacher Appreciation week. Again, Educators Rising – Library – Wednesday, May 1st.

Did someone say Chipotle? Join the National English Honor Society TOMORROW, Wednesday, May 1st for a Chipotle Gives Back night from 4:00 until 8:00 pm. Make sure you show the flyer and 25 percent of all sales will benefit NEHS and the numerous service projects they conduct throughout the year. Great Food, Great Cause… Wednesday, May 1st from 4:00 until 8:00 at Chipotle in West Ocean City.

Seniors! Continue sending in those baby photos for the senior graduation video. Photos can be emailed to [email protected] or a hard copy can be dropped off to the DNN studio. If emailing your photo, please include your first and last name in the subject line. If dropping off a hard copy, please write your first and last name on the back of the photo. Photos are due by May 17th! See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

The Educator’s Rising club wants YOU to celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week May 6th to 10th. Kick off the week by participating in Mirror Monday on May 6th. Dress up as your favorite SDHS teacher or staff member. Take a selfie of you with your teacher mirror to submit for a prize to share! Remember that school dress code still applies.

What An INCREDIBLE Show! If you missed the jazz combo performance last night, you missed an unbelievable performance by some of Decatur’s best instrumentalists. There was Funk, Rock, Swing, and groove that lasted into a gorgeous evening. Plus, as the icing on the cake, one of the best singers in the state was there to remind Georgia of the gentle rain. There aren’t a lot of gigs left, come catch the jazz combo along with the symphonic band this Thursday, May 2nd at 6pm for the annual Spring concert.

At 2:00 PM Girls and Boys Track competed in the South Bayside Meet at home – dismissal at 12:45

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!