Friday, January 20

Today Celebrates: National Buttercrunch Day, National Cheese Lover Day, and Penguin Awareness Day!

Lunch for today includes: Mickey’s Cheese Pizza, Turkey and Cheese Lunch Kit, Oven Baked Crinkle Fries, Steamed Turnip Greens, Diced Peaches, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

PROMise is back again to host their 8th annual prom gown giveaway at Parkside High School in Salisbury TOMORROW from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm. The PROMise Project is a non-profit organization that provides dresses for girls across the Eastern Shore. This event will feature more than one thousand prom gowns ranging in sizes 0 to 26.

All gowns have been donated to the non-profit organization throughout the years by various local retail shops. The event is free and open to all Delmarva high school students. Students must present a valid high school ID for admittance to the event. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Johnson in room C-129.

Decatur Nation! If you enjoy eating your lunch in the media center, be advised that some changes are coming to the sign-up process (Roll Library Lunch PSA 0:50). Again, beginning next semester, students MUST sign up for lunch in the media center the week prior. If you do not sign up, you will need to eat in the cafeteria. Please see Mrs. Tignor with any questions.

The Seahawk Writing Center is looking for writing tutors. If you need a way to earn service hours here at school, if you like helping fellow students, if you like learning about various writing styles and rhetoric, or if you want to join National English Honor Society in the future, come visit the writing center in B1072 after school. Applications are taken on a rolling basis.

Spots for the field trip to Salisbury University’s writing center are almost full. If you are interested in going, please contact Mrs. Terlizzi as soon as possible. It’s a great way to see what a writing center can offer, but there are limited seats available. If you need a permission slip, see Mrs. Terlizzi or Ms. Soulsman.

At 4:30 PM Girls JV Basketball plays at Snow Hill – departure at 3:15

At 6:00 PM Girls Varsity Basketball plays at Snow Hill – departure also at 3:15

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!