Monday, September 18

Today Celebrates: National Cheeseburger Day, National Respect Day, and World Bamboo Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chili with Chips, Chicken Tenders with Roll, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Steamed Corn, Mandarin Oranges, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Decatur Nation! All this week we will be participating in Start with Hello Week, a national movement through the Sandy Hook Promise that celebrates kindness, connection, inclusion, empathy, and belonging! Each day we will provide you with a fun challenge and activity including a wear green event on Wednesday!

Today is Meet-n-Greet Monday and we challenge you to meet someone new during lunch, say hello, and invite a new friend to play a game of wordle or any other fun game! Share your activity photos with Sandy Hook Promise on Instagram and Facebook and use hashtags Start With Hello and Stephen Decatur Promise!

Attention Students! If you picked up a yearbook for a senior or a 2023 graduate year last Friday, PLEASE check the bottom of the book as we are missing two books with names stamped on them. If you have one of these books by mistake, please bring it back to Mr. Thompson to switch it out with a different book. We are specifically looking for the namestamped books of Ethan Brown and Meghan Bean. Thank you!

The Surfrider Club will be holding a beach cleanup TODAY, Monday, September 18th from 3:00 until 4:00. We will be meeting on the boardwalk at 10th street. All cleanup materials will be provided but you will need to find your own transportation. Hope to see you there!

Attention History Scholars! The application process for Rho Kappa History Honor Society is now open! If you have successfully completed an AP History and have a 3.5 GPA you are eligible! Please see Ms. Hathaway in A269 for an application! All Applications are due by September 25th!

Do you like public speaking? Do you like to argue? Do crime TV shows seem like fun? The Mock Trial may be for you! There will be an interest meeting for the Decatur Mock Trial team on Thursday, September 21st in room A-110. There are only 13 spots available so scan the QR code found on the pink flyers around school to pre-register!

Attention all students! Registration for the fall session of the After School Academy is NOW open! Be sure to check out all course offerings. In order to participate, you must register using the QR code printed on the posters around school or visit the After School Academy page on the school website. See Mrs. Berquist in the CRT office if you have any questions.

At 3:30 PM Varsity Golf competes at River Run

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Magnificent Monday Decatur!