Friday, April 26

Today Celebrates: Arbor Day, Richter Scale Day, National Pretzel Day, and Hug an Australian Day!

Lunch for today includes: Big Daddy’s Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, Fish Sandwich, Breaded Onion Rings, Steamed Green Beans, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Attention members of Educators Rising: This is just a reminder that our trip to Buckingham will take place TODAY. You should be in Mrs. Stevenson’s classroom at this time.

Decatur Nation! Today is our last day celebrating Earth Week. The SDHS Surfrider Club thanks you for participating all week long. Today’s final activity is our Annual Decatur Cleanup Day. Join us outside to clean up litter on and around our campus. If every person in the U.S. picked up just one piece of litter today, there would be over 300 million fewer pieces of litter. If every person picked up 10 pieces of litter, there would be 3 billion fewer pieces of litter. Let’s all do our part to keep this planet healthy.

Today, Friday, April 26th is the last day to turn in your WeXL RSVP card. On Monday, April 29th we will have a meeting with all students that will be attending the banquet to go over important information. There will be a meeting 1st period and a meeting 5th period. Please make sure to attend at least one of these quick meetings.

Attention Junior and Senior Prom goers. Here are a couple of very important announcements: First off, you need to complete a debtless form in preparation for Prom ticket sales that start Tuesday morning. Forms are now available in the main office and must be completed for all SDHS students attending Prom, regardless of grade. Secondly, be on the lookout for a lot of Prom information, including ticket price and menu, coming to your schoology inbox later today. Finally, see Mr. Greenwood with questions.

Juniors and Seniors, if you are bringing a non-Stephen Decatur High School student to Prom you MUST complete an Out of School Guest Form, submit it, and receive approval from administration. This process takes 2 days. Before you can purchase a ticket for your outside guest, your form must be approved, so please plan accordingly.

Seniors! We are accepting baby photos for the senior graduation video. Photos can be emailed to [email protected] or a hard copy can be dropped off to the DNN studio. If emailing your photo, please include your first and last name in the subject line. If dropping off a hard copy, please write your first and last name on the back of the photo. Photos are due by May 17th! See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Class of 2024! The senior quote submission form is still open and will remain open until 11:59 P.M. TONIGHT. We need at least 175 quote submissions and have received 135 quotes so far, so get your friends to submit ASAP because you only need 40 more! Lastly, inappropriate quotes will be replaced with a generic quote, so be smart and submit on time!

At 4:00 PM Girls JV Lacrosse battles Bennett at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!