Monday, May 6

Today Celebrates: No Diet Day, National Nurses Day, and National Tourist Appreciation Day!

Lunch for today includes: Beef Soft Taco, Chicken Patty Sandwich, Tater Tots, Steamed Mixed Vegetables, Mandarin Oranges, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Decatur Nation! This week we honor Children’s Mental Health Matters Week with some fun challenges. Today you are challenged to set your intentions for the Week: What are your top three intentions for the week and how can you meet them? For example: This week I will not take things personally or This week I will use my independent time at school to complete assignments, so I have more time outside of school to do things that I enjoy.

Seniors! ALL seniors owe $20.00 for class dues. Payments can be made to see Mrs. Garton at this time. This debt must be paid before you will be allowed to buy your ticket for prom.

Additionally seniors: The senior survey is now available in Powerschool. It is MANDATORY that this survey is completed by May 17th! We will continue to read names at the practices of those whom have not completed this task. Don’t let that be you, please don’t wait, complete the survey today! You can find directions on how to complete the survey in schoology.

Continue sending in those baby photos for the senior graduation video. Photos can be emailed to [email protected] or a hard copy can be dropped off to the DNN studio. If emailing your photo, please include your first and last name in the subject line. If dropping off a hard copy, please write your first and last name on the back of the photo. Photos are due by May 17th! See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Attention Juniors and Seniors: If you’re attending prom you must get a Debt-less sign off sheet completed prior to prom ticket purchase. This sign off is required for ALL SDHS students attending prom, regardless of grade.

If you’re bringing a non-SDHS student, you must complete an out of school guest form, which are available in the main office, and have it approved by administration prior to ticket purchase as well. Approval process takes one to two school days. See your grade level administrator with questions.

Prom tickets are on sale from 2:30 until 3:00 in the square today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. Thursday is the LAST day to purchase tickets, and they can be purchased in the morning from 7:30 to 8:00 and again at 2:30 to 3:00. Tickets are $50 each. See Mr. Greenwood with questions.

Thank you to everyone who chose to participate in Mimic Monday to start off Teacher Appreciation Week! Don’t forget to take a selfie with your teacher twin, check in at the Educators Rising table in the lunchroom, and receive a sweet treat. Also, all Seahawks, be sure to compose a Teacher Appreciation Star during lunch to show the love for your fantastic teachers at SDHS.

At 5:00 PM Girls Varsity Lacrosse plays at Kent Island in the Bayside Championship – dismissal at 1:15

At 6:45 PM Boys Varsity Lacrosse plays at Kent Island in the Bayside Championship – departure at 3:15

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Magnificent Monday Decatur!