Wednesday, September 20

Today Celebrates: National Pepperoni Pizza Day and National Punch Day!

Lunch for today includes: Shrimp Poppers with Mac and Cheese, Mini Cheese Calzones, Steamed Broccoli, Green Peas, Fresh Fruit, Diced Peaches, and Milk.

Decatur Nation! We continue our Start with Hello Week with Wear Green Wednesday! Did you remember to wear green? We are wearing green as a symbol of unity, inclusivity, and solidarity with the Sandy Hook Promise. Make sure you snap some photos of you and friends in green and share on Instagram and Facebook using hashtags Start With Hello and Stephen Decatur Promise!

Attention History Scholars! The application process for Rho Kappa History Honor Society is now open! If you have successfully completed an AP History and have a 3.5 GPA you are eligible! Please see Ms. Hathaway in A269 for an application! All Applications are due by September 25th!

Attention all students! Registration for the fall session of the After School Academy is NOW open! Be sure to check out all course offerings. In order to participate, you must register using the QR code printed on the posters around school or visit the After School Academy page on the school website. See Mrs. Berquist in the CRT office if you have any questions.

Do you like public speaking? Do you like to argue? Do crime TV shows seem like fun? If so, then the Mock Trial may be for you! There will be an interest meeting for the Decatur Mock Trial team TOMORROW, September 21st in room A-110. There are only 13 spots available so scan the QR code found on the pink flyers around school to pre-register!

There will be a Key Club interest meeting in Mrs. Saullo’s room, C-180, TOMORROW, September 21st at 2:50. All are welcome! Not sure what Key Club is? Attend the interest meeting and find out!

Teacher and coaches! If you have an announcement you would like shared on the morning announcements, remember to email those to [email protected] by 7:20 the morning of. See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Congratulations to the golf team on their 8th win of the season with a team score 161. We were led by co-medalist Evan Oglesby and Clayton McCabe’s 40 and Kole Kohut and Sam Boger’s 41.

Congratulations to the Decatur Volleyball team for their win against Pocomoke last night. JV swept their match 2 to 0, with Kirby Bounds leading the team with her amazing sets and serves. Next up, varsity dominated the Warriors and took the win in 3 games. Fay Predmore led the team in aces, with a total of 11. Alice Bickel had 1 ace, 5 kills and 1 dig. The setters were also the stars of this match. Brooke Berquist had 5 aces, 2 assists and 2 digs. Sydnie Harrington had 2 aces, 2 kills, 1 block, 2 digs and 8 assists. Way to lock in Decatur!

At 4:00 PM Boys JV Soccer takes on Kent Island at home

At 4:00 PM Cross Country competes at Parkside – dismissal at 2:00

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Soccer battles Kent Island at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!