Thursday, September 21

Today Celebrates: Miniature Golf Day, World Gratitude Day, and International Peace Day!

Lunch for today includes: Teriyaki Chicken with Brown Rice, Max Stix with Marinara Sauce, California Vegetable Blend, Steamed Carrots, Fresh Fruit, Applesauce Cup, and Milk.

Decatur Nation! We continue our Start with Hello Week with Your Truth Thursday! Who are yo under the surface? Who are you under the mask? We have taken over Restorative Circles and ask you to share your truth by filling in the blanks to the given prompt. Don’t forget to check out the poem provided because in the end, you get to choose which words matter to you. Make sure you snap some photos of you and friends in green and share on Instagram and Facebook using hashtags Start With Hello and Stephen Decatur Promise!

Congratulations to the newest members of the National English Honor Society on your inductions yesterday! Duty goes with Honor! If you have a love for reading and English Language Arts, keep an eye out for open enrollments for NEHS in the spring! You too could be inducted!

Juniors and Seniors! We have several college visits coming up so make sure you periodically check the list outside the guidance office. On Friday, September 22nd, Princeton University will be here at 10:00 a.m. for any junior or senior interested in learning more about the programs and opportunities they offer.

Registration for the fall session of the After School Academy is NOW open! Be sure to check out all course offerings. In order to participate, you must register using the QR code printed on the posters around school or visit the After School Academy page on the school website. See Mrs. Berquist in the CRT office if you have any questions.

There will be an interest meeting for the Decatur Mock Trial team after school TODAY in room A-110. There are only 13 spots available so scan the QR code found on the pink flyers around school to pre-register!

There will be a Key Club interest meeting in Mrs. Saullo’s room, C-180, TODAY, at 2:50. All are welcome! Not sure what Key Club is? Attend the interest meeting and find out!

History Scholars! The application process for Rho Kappa History Honor Society is now open! If you have successfully completed an AP History and have a 3.5 GPA you are eligible! Please see Ms. Hathaway in A269 for an application! All Applications are due by Monday, September 25th.

Coaches, we want to celebrate your team wins on the morning announcements! Teachers and staff, we want to share your club and organization information also! Remember to email your announcements to [email protected] by 7:20 the morning of. Share news, events, activities, and more with DNN! Not only will the information be shared on our YouTube channel, they are also posted on the decaturhawk.com, our school’s online newspaper platform!

Students! We will have a brief homeroom tomorrow morning for SGA voting, Freshmen, and Sophomore Class officer voting. We will also be handing out important testing information. Due to this homeroom, the Worcester Tech Buses will be held and there will be NO morning announcements tomorrow. Again, homeroom tomorrow morning!

At 3:30 PM JV Golf competes at Glen Riddle – dismissal at 1:30

At 4:30 PM JV Field Hockey takes on Bennett at home

At 5:30 PM Girls JV Soccer plays at Bennett – departure at 3:45

At 6:00 PM Varsity Field Hockey battles Kent County at home

Rememeber to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!