Monday, September 25

Today Celebrates: National Comic Book Day, National Quesadilla Day, and World Dream Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken Fajitas, Cheeseburger, Steamed Kale, Steamed Corn, Fresh Fruit, Pineapple Tidbits, and Milk.

Decatur Nation! Homecoming is quickly approaching. In order to attend the Homecoming Dance on Saturday, October 14th, you MUST be debt free, so make sure you settle any and all debts! Also, if you plan on bringing a guest from outside of the school, you MUST complete an Outside of School Guest Form and return it to the main office by Wednesday, October 11th at 11:00 a.m. Form can be picked up in the main office, beginning today.

History Scholars! The application process for Rho Kappa History Honor Society is now open! If you have successfully completed an AP History and have a 3.5 GPA you are eligible! Please see Ms. Hathaway in A269 for an application! All Applications are due TODAY!!!

Attention Academic Team members: We will be having our first meeting of the year after school TODAY in Room A120, Senora Sawyer’s room. Hope to see you there!

Juniors and Seniors! We have several college visits coming up so make sure you periodically check the list outside the guidance office. On Wednesday, September 27th, Christopher Newport University will be in the guidance department at 11:15 a.m. for any junior or senior interested in learning more about the programs and opportunities they offer.

Registration for the fall session of the After School Academy is NOW open! Be sure to check out all course offerings. In order to participate, you must register using the QR code printed on the posters around school or visit the After School Academy page on the school website. See Mrs. Berquist in the CRT office if you have any questions.

The Seahawk Writing Center will resume operations soon. If you are interested in becoming a writing center tutor, there will be an interest meeting TOMORROW, Tuesday, September 25, at 2:45 in room B1072. Write on, Write on, Write on.

The annual See You at The Pole meeting will take place on Wednesday, September 27 at 7:15am at the flag pole in front of school. This is a time to gather around our flag pole for a time of prayer and worship. Please join us as we pray for our school and community. All students and staff are welcome!

ATTENTION DECATUR NATION: Mu Alpha Theta is selling tickets to the Pre-Homecoming Football game DINNER! For $17 you will receive a pulled pork sandwich on a brioche roll served with mac and cheese, coleslaw, cornbread, a drink, and dessert. Please see Mrs. Candeloro in D149 or ANY Mu Alpha Theta member to purchase tickets. Tickets will not be sold at the door and all tickets must be purchased prior before the end of the day October 6th. Do not miss out on this delicious opportunity.

At 3:00 PM JV Boys Soccer battles Snow Hill at home – dismissal at

At 4:00 PM Girls JV Soccer plays at Queen Anne’s – dismissal at 12:45

At 4:30 PM Boys Varsity Soccer takes on Snow Hill at home

At 6:00 PM Girls Varsity Soccer battles Snow Hill at home during Senior Night!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Magnificent Monday Decatur!