Tuesday, September 26

Today Celebrates: Johnny Appleseed Day!

Lunch for today includes: Shrimp Poppers with Mac and Cheese, Spaghetti with Meat Sauce and Garlic Toast, Steamed Broccoli, Steamed Mixed Vegetables, Fresh Fruit, Applesauce Cup. and Milk.

Decatur Nation! Homecoming is quickly approaching. In order to attend the Homecoming Dance on Saturday, October 14th, you MUST be debt free, so make sure you settle any and all debts! Also, if you plan on bringing a guest from outside of the school, you MUST complete an Outside of School Guest Form and return it to the main office by Wednesday, October 11th at 11:00 a.m. Forms can be picked up in the main office.

Juniors and Seniors! We have several college visits coming up so make sure you periodically check the list outside the guidance office. On Wednesday, September 27th, Christopher Newport University will be in the guidance department at 11:15 a.m. for any junior or senior interested in learning more about the programs and opportunities they offer.

The Mock Trial club is where you perform a made-up court case in real-life courtrooms. We battle other schools for dominance and a shot at regionals. It’s fun, challenging, and great for college applications. The next interest meeting for Mock Trial will be on Thursday, October 12th. If you want to try out for the team, it is mandatory that you attend this meeting. If you can’t make it on October 12th but still want to audition, please talk to team adviser Mr. Shane.

Attention SDHS. The Educator’s Rising/Future Educators of American club will be meeting this Wednesday after school in the media center. Anyone who is interested is welcome to attend. See Mrs. Cosgrove for any questions.

Do you enjoy film? Enjoy the art of cinematography? Are you the one who talks throughout a movie no matter how many times your friends tell you to be quiet? If yes, then the Decatur Film Society is the place for you! Part of the After School Academy, the Film Society meets every Tuesday in the DNN studio to view and discuss films of all genres! Our first meeting will take place October 2nd, so sign up using the QR code on the After School Academy Flyers! See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

The Seahawk Writing Center will resume operations soon. If you are interested in becoming a writing center tutor, there will be an interest meeting TODAY at 2:45 in room B1072. Come write with us.

The annual See You at The Pole meeting will take place TOMORROW, Wednesday, September 27 at 7:15am at the flag pole in front of school. This is a time to gather around our flag pole for a time of prayer and worship. Please join us as we pray for our school and community. All students and staff are welcome!

Attention Decatur! Mu Alpha Theta is selling tickets to the Pre-Homecoming Football game DINNER! For $17 you will receive a pulled pork sandwich on a brioche roll served with mac and cheese, coleslaw, cornbread, a drink, and dessert. Please see Mrs. Candeloro in room D149 or ANY Mu Alpha Theta members to purchase tickets. Tickets will not be sold at the door and all tickets must be purchased before the end of the day October 6th. Do not miss out on this delicious opportunity.

The Girls Varsity Soccer team celebrated a 9 to 0 win as well as senior night against the Snow Hill Eagles last night. Scoring for the Seahawks were Katelynn King with 3 goals and 2 assists, Morgan Sullivan with 2 goals and 2 assists, Caitlin Shimko with 2 goals and 1 assist, Sam Ruppert with 1 goal and 1 assist, 1 goal Sophie Cooper, and an assist from Kayla Rocco. Way to go team!

At 3:30 PM Varsity Golf competes at Ocean Resorts

At 4:00 PM JV Volleyball plays at Mardela – dismissal at 2:00

At 4:00 PM JV Football tackles Easton at home

At 5:00 PM Varsity Volleyball plays at Mardela – dismissal at 2:00

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!