Monday, October 2

Today Celebrates: National Custodial Worker Day, Name Your Car Day, and World Farm Animals Day!

Lunch for today includes: Beef Soft Taco with Salsa Cup, Chicken Patty Sandwich, Tater Tots, Steamed Mixed Vegetables, Fresh Fruit, Applesauce, and Milk.

Decatur Nation! Homecoming week is NEXT Week! Remember, in order to attend the Homecoming Dance on Saturday, October 14th, you must be debt free, so make sure you settle any and all debts! Also, if you plan on bringing a guest from outside of the school, you MUST complete an Outside of School Guest Form and return it to the main office by Wednesday, October 11th at 11:00 a.m. Forms can be picked up in the main office.

Have you seen the Spirit Week flyers in the hallway? Now is the time to begin planning your dress days for this fun-filled week! Monday is all about those Holidays while Tuesday sees a battle between Barbie and Oppenheimer. Will you partner up to be Post Malone and a Traffic Cone during rhyme with no reason Wednesday, and what Era will you be in on Thursday?

Don’t forget those night events from Volleyball, to PowderPuff, to Smish Smosh! Remember, this week celebrates YOU, the students of Decatur Nation! Dress to impress because this year we will be announcing a Best Dressed student for each spirit day!

Seniors! You run the school right? Well, now is the time to prove it! Sign-up’s for Homecoming Activities are located outside the CRT office.

9th graders, please check Schoology to sign up for homecoming events and see Mrs. Culver in D157 with questions.

Hey, hey, Sophomores! It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for! Sign-up sheets for all Homecoming events are now posted outside of Mrs. Zervakos’s room in Poe Place hallway. We want as many people to participate as possible, so please sign up for one event only. We are looking forward to a great week!

Want to show off your spirit at the Homecoming game this year? Participate in Lakelyn’s Legacy Homecoming 5K relay before the game and you will be showered with color to show off at the game. Can’t finish a 5K alone? No problem. This 5K is done relay style. So get together a team of 5 and meet at the SDMS bus loop for a 4:00 start before the game. The cost is only $50 per team and the proceeds will go to The Cure Starts Now in memory of Lakelyn Draheim, last year’s homecoming princess. So come on out, support a great cause, and let your Homecoming colors burst.

Students, the MOCK TRIAL team is seeking new members for the upcoming season. In Mock Trial, we compete against kids from other schools, in person, by putting on a made-up court case in real-life courtrooms. It’s fun, challenging, and looks great for college applications. The next interest meeting will be held after school on Thursday, October 12th. If you want to try out for Mock Trial, it is mandatory that you attend this meeting. If you can’t make it October 12th but still want to audition, talk to team adviser, Mr. Shane.

The Decatur Film Society will meet tomorrow, October 3rd in the DNN studio! Come check out what our society is all about and vote for our first film of the year! Sign up using the QR code on the After School Academy Flyers! See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Congratulations to the boys and girls cross country runners who completed the toughest 5K course in the state this Saturday at the Bull Run Invitational in Hereford Md. A special congratulations to Macy Woroniecki who placed 11th and Amber Marshall who placed 12th in a field of 107 girls.

At 4:00 PM Varsity Field Hockey plays at Easton – dismissal at 12:55

At 4:00 PM Boys JV Soccer plays at North Caroline – dismissal at 1:00

At 5:30 PM JV Field Hockey plays at Easton – dismissal at 12:55

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Soccer plays at North Caroline – dismissal at 1:00

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Magnificent Monday Decatur!