Tuesday, October 3

Today Celebrates: National Boyfriend’s Day, Techies Day, and Virus Appreciation Day!

Lunch for today includes: Rotini with Meat Sauce, Italian Sub, Steamed Green Beans, Steamed Corn, Fresh Fruit, Applesauce Cup, and Milk.

Each month PBIS recognizes a student and staff member of the month for demonstrating Pride, Achievement, Respect, or Responsibility. How can students get recognized? They need to earn a positive referral from a staff member for going above and behind or exemplifying the Decatur Way.

For September, the PBIS committee would like to recognize Hadden Elsner who earned TWO positive referrals from his teachers. We would also like to recognize Mr. Wilder who also earned TWO positive referrals for helping out his colleagues. Thank you both!

Decatur Nation! Homecoming week is NEXT Week! Remember, in order to attend the Homecoming Dance on Saturday, October 14th, you must be debt free, so make sure you settle any and all debts! Also, if you plan on bringing a guest from outside of the school, you MUST complete an Outside of School Guest Form and return it to the main office by Wednesday, October 11th at 11:00 a.m. Forms can be picked up in the main office.

Have you seen the Spirit Week flyers in the hallway? Now is the time to begin planning your dress days for this fun-filled week! What Holiday will you channel on Monday? Will you be Barbie and Ken or join the battle as Oppenheimer Tuesday? Rhyme with no reason Wednesday is sure to be hilarious and fun, while Thursday celebrates the Era you personally are in!

Don’t forget those night events from Volleyball, to PowderPuff, to Smish Smosh! Remember, this week celebrates YOU, the students of Decatur Nation! Dress to impress because this year we will be announcing a Best Dressed student for each spirit day!

Seniors! You run the school right? Well, now is the time to prove it! Sign-up’s for Homecoming Activities are located outside the CRT office.

9th graders, please check Schoology to sign up for homecoming events and see Mrs. Culver in D157 with questions.

Hey, hey, Sophomores! It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for! Sign-up sheets for all Homecoming events are now posted outside of Mrs. Zervakos’s room in Poe Place hallway. We want as many people to participate as possible, so please sign up for one event only. We are looking forward to a great week!

All Students, the sign up’s for Smish Smosh, the annual Lip Synch and Talent Show, are located at the Blackbox Theater, down Hollywood and Vine. Make sure you claim your spot soon!

Want to show off your spirit at the Homecoming game this year? Participate in Lakelyn’s Legacy Homecoming 5K relay before the game and you will be showered with color to show off at the game. Can’t finish a 5K alone? No problem. This 5K is done relay style. So get together a team of 5 and meet at the SDMS bus loop for a 4:00 start before the game. The cost is only $50 per team and the proceeds will go to The Cure Starts Now in memory of Lakelyn Draheim, last year’s homecoming princess. So come on out, support a great cause, and let your Homecoming colors burst.

The Hawk Newspaper is looking for writers, photographers, and any student interested in reporting the news! If you enjoy learning about and writing about events and stories including student life, academics, sports, and more, then the Newspaper is the place to be! Did someone say pizza?

Are you involved in higher level science classes or AP’s? Do you love science? Want to win awards? The Science Olympiad might be the place for you! Meetings take place after school every Tuesday beginning TODAY. Events of competition include Astronomy, Forestry, Rocks and Minerals, Code Busters, Cell Biology, and more! If interested, sign up using the QR codes posted around school and attend TODAY’s meeting in the cafeteria.

All girls interested in playing basketball this winter are welcome to attend our first open gym on October 5th from 6:00 until 7:30 p.m. Wear appropriate sneakers and be sure to bring your water. We are looking forward to seeing you there!

Yesterday, the JV Field Hockey team remained undefeated, earning their fifth victory of the year. The Seahawks defeated Easton by a score of 3 to 0. Goals were scored by Skylar Price, Reese Whitaker, and Ava Konyar. Mary Short and Bella Candeloro each had an assist. Congratulations to the entire team for a great win!

At 3:30 PM Varsity Golf competes at Great Hope

At 4:00 PM JV Volleyball battles Snow Hill at home

At 4:00 PM Girls JV Soccer takes on Easton at home

At 5:00 PM Varsity Volleyball spikes Snow Hill at home

At 5:30 PM Girls Varsity Soccer battles Easton at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!