Thursday, October 5

Today Celebrates: Do Something Nice Day and World Teacher’s Day!

Lunch for today includes: Turkey Bacon Cheeseburger, Turkey and Cheese Kit, Sweet Potato Lattice Fries, Steamed Brussel Sprouts, Fresh Fruit, Diced Pears, and Milk.

Juniors and Seniors! There are several upcoming college visits this month. Be sure to check the list outside the Guidance Office frequently as the list is constantly being updated. On Monday, October 9th, McDaniel College will be here at 8:30 a.m. Towson University will be here on Wednesday, October 11th at 1:15 p.m. and on Thursday, October 12th, Neumann University will be here at 9:30 a.m. Don’t miss out on these valuable opportunities.

Decatur Nation! Time is running out. Mu Alpha Theta is selling tickets to the Pre-Homecoming Football game DINNER! For $17 you will receive a pulled pork sandwich on a brioche roll served with mac and cheese, coleslaw, cornbread, a drink, and dessert. Please see Mrs. Candeloro in D149 or ANY Mu Alpha Theta member to purchase tickets. Tickets will not be sold at the door and all tickets must be purchased before the end of the day October 6th. Do not miss out on this delicious opportunity.

Decatur Nation! Homecoming week is NEXT Week! Now is the time to begin planning your dress days for this fun-filled week!

Don’t forget those night events from Volleyball, to PowderPuff, to Smish Smosh! To participate in Smish Smosh, all grades must sign up outside the Blackbox Theater, down Hollywood and Vine.

Grade level sign-ups for all other events are as follows: For seniors, check out the list outside of the attendance and CRT office.

Juniors will find your lists outside of Ms. Galello’s room down the main hallway.

Sophomores will sign up outside Mrs. Zervako’s room in Poe Place.

And freshmen need to check Schoology for your sign-ups.

Remember, this week celebrates YOU, the students of Decatur Nation! Dress to impress because this year we will be announcing a Best Dressed student for each spirit day!

Want to show off your spirit at the Homecoming game this year? Participate in Lakelyn’s Legacy Homecoming 5K relay before the game and you will be showered with color to show off at the game. Can’t finish a 5K alone? No problem. This 5K is done relay style. So get together a team of 5 and meet at the SDMS bus loop for a 4:00 start before the game. The cost is only $50 per team and the proceeds will go to The Cure Starts Now in memory of Lakelyn Draheim, last year’s homecoming princess. So come on out, support a great cause, and let your Homecoming colors burst.

The week ends with the annual Homecoming Dance on Saturday October 14th from 6:30 until 10:00 pm. Entry into the dance is 10 dollars with payment being taken at the door. Live it up Vegas Style! Remember, in order to attend the Homecoming Dance on Saturday, October 14th, you must be debt free, so make sure you settle any and all debts! Also, if you plan on bringing a guest from outside of the school, you MUST complete an Outside of School Guest Form and return it to the main office by Wednesday, October 11th at 11:00 a.m. Forms can be picked up in the main office.

Students, we need some help pouring drinks during the Homecoming Dance! Time will count for service hours and you will get into the dance for free! If you are interested in take a half-hour shift or longer, please see Mr. Thompson in the DNN Studio.

All girls interested in playing basketball this winter are welcome to attend our first open gym, TODAY from 6:00 until 7:30 p.m. Wear appropriate sneakers and be sure to bring your water. We are looking forward to seeing you there!

Congratulations to the boys and girls cross country teams who competed against Maryland and Delaware schools in the Tidewater Invitational Meet at Winter Place park on Wednesday. The girls team placed 7th in a field of 248 runners from 27 teams beating all of the Maryland schools. The girls team was led by medal winner Macy Woroniecki who placed 9th followed by Amber Marshall in 23rd place and Avery Weber in 40th place. Other scorers for the girls team were Navaeh Horton and Evie Eggers placing in the top 100.

The boys team placed 5th in a field of 344 runners from 35 schools. The top 4 scorers from the boys team were all sophomores led by Brayden Bell in 20th place followed by Trey Rill, Quinn Martin, and Todd Hailey. The 5th scorer for the boys team was senior Conner Smith finishing in 82nd place. Both teams are running strong and are in a great position to win the Bayside South meet next Wednesday in Salisbury. Keep working hard and keep your eyes on the prize!

The JV Field Hockey team defeated Parkside 1 to 0! Goal by Bella Candeloro assisted by Mary Short. Way to go team!

The Varsity Field Hockey team defeated Crisfield yesterday 4 to 0. 2 goals by Ryleigh Smith and one goal by Bailey Griffin and Ava Snelsire. Avari Shoff had 2 assists and Emily Ferguson added one assist.

Last night the the boys soccer teams traveled to Easton High school to take in the warriors. The JV game saw a 2 to 2 tie with Gio Gregg and Kevin Lozano each scoring for the Seahawks. In the Varsity game Sean O’Halloran and Gannon Eastlack each put 2 goals away to lead the way to a 4 to nothing victory for the Seahawks. Nick Hernandez kept the clean sheet with 3 saves. The win improves the Varsity team to 7 and 1 on the season. Up next is Parkside on the road.

At 3:30 PM JV Golf competes at Nutter’s Crossing – dismissal at 12:45

At 4:00 PM Girls Varsity Soccer plays at Parkside – dismissal at 1:30

At 4:00 PM JV Volleyball plays at Parkside – dismissal at 2:00

At 4:00 PM JV Football battles Kent Island at home

At 5:00 PM Varsity Volleyball plays at Parkside – dismissal at 2:00

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!