Friday, October 6

Today Celebrates: Physician Assistant Day, World Smile Day, and Mad Hatter Day!

Lunch for today includes: Big Daddy’s Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, Hotdog on Whole Grain Bun, Oven Baked Crinkle Fries, Steamed Kale, Fresh Fruit, Pineapple Tidbits, and Milk.

Juniors and Seniors! There are several upcoming college visits this month. Be sure to check the list outside the Guidance Office frequently as the list is constantly being updated. On Monday, October 9th, McDaniel College will be here at 8:30 a.m. Towson University will be here on Wednesday, October 11th at 1:15 p.m. and on Thursday, October 12th, Neumann University will be here at 9:30 a.m. Don’t miss out on these valuable opportunities.

Attention Educator’s Rising! The Future Educators of American Club will be meeting next Tuesday, October 10th after school in the media center. Please see Mrs. Cosgrove if you have any questions.

Homecoming Week is days away! What makes this week so much fun is how much you, the students and staff, put into it! Celebrate your school spirit by dressing up and showing up!

Don’t forget those night events from Volleyball, to PowderPuff, to Smish Smosh! To participate in Smish Smosh, all grades must sign up outside the Blackbox Theater, down Hollywood and Vine.

Grade level sign-ups for all other events are as follows: For seniors, check out the list outside of the attendance and CRT office.

Juniors will find your lists outside of Ms. Galello’s room down the main hallway.

Sophomores will sign up outside Mrs. Zervako’s room in Poe Place.

And freshmen need to check Schoology for your sign-ups.

Remember, this week celebrates YOU, the students of Decatur Nation! Dress to impress because this year we will be announcing a Best Dressed student for each spirit day!

Decatur Nation! Today is the LAST day to purchase your tickets for the Pre-Homecoming Football game DINNER! For $17 you will receive a pulled pork sandwich on a brioche roll served with mac and cheese, coleslaw, cornbread, a drink, and dessert. Please see Mrs. Candeloro in D149 or ANY Mu Alpha Theta member to purchase tickets. Tickets will not be sold at the door and all tickets must be purchased before the end of the day TODAY!

Want to show off your spirit at the Homecoming game this year? Participate in Lakelyn’s Legacy Homecoming 5K relay before the game and you will be showered with color to show off at the game. Can’t finish a 5K alone? No problem. This 5K is done relay style. So get together a team of 5 and meet at the SDMS bus loop for a 4:00 start before the game. The cost is only $50 per team and the proceeds will go to The Cure Starts Now in memory of Lakelyn Draheim. So come on out, support a great cause, and let your Homecoming colors burst.

The week ends with the annual Homecoming Dance on Saturday October 14th from 6:30 until 10:00 pm. Entry into the dance is 10 dollars with payment being taken at the door. Live it up Vegas Style! Remember, in order to attend the Homecoming Dance on Saturday, October 14th, you must be debt free, so make sure you settle any and all debts! Also, if you plan on bringing a guest from outside of the school, you MUST complete an Outside of School Guest Form and return it to the main office by Wednesday, October 11th at 11:00 a.m. Forms can be picked up in the main office.

Students, we need some help pouring drinks during the Homecoming Dance! Time will count for service hours and you will get into the dance for free! If you are interested in take a half-hour shift or longer, please see Mr. Thompson in the DNN Studio.

And now for Sports:

Attention all girls interested in playing basketball this winter: please pick up an information packet outside of Mrs. Tracy’s room A113. Important try out information and paperwork deadlines are included. We had a great showing at last night’s open gym! Mark your calendars for the next one on October 12th from 6 till 7:30 p.m.

Yesterday, the girls varsity soccer team won 7 to 1 against Parkside. Katelynn King and Luca Russo both scored 2 goals for the Seahawks. Sam Ruppert, Caitlin Shimko and Luca Russo all had 2 assists. Congratulations to the entire team for a great win.

At 6:00 PM Varsity Cheer travels to Kent Island – departure at 3:15

At 6:00 PM Varsity Football plays at Kent Island – dismissal at 1:15

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!