Wednesday, October 11

Today Celebrates: National Fossil Day, National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day, It’s My Party Day, and Emergency Nurses Day!

Lunch for today includes: Beef and Cheese Nachos, BBQ Pork Sandwich, Steamed Green Beans, Steamed Corn, Fresh Fruit, Diced Pears, and Milk.

We are half-way through Homecoming 2023! Have you been dressing up and showing up during this fun-fulled week? Today is all about that literary device of rhyme, and you don’t even need a reason!

Remember to check in with your grade level table at lunch to earn points! We are also awarding the Best Dressed student from each spirit day with a prize bag worth 75 dollars! The best dressed student for Tuesday’s Holiday spirit day is…. Hannah Richie for her incredible take on Super Star Barbie! Congratulations Hannah, please see Mrs. Berke today to claim your prize!

It’s time to vote for you Homecoming King and Queen! You have until 3:00 pm on Thursday to cast your vote for this years senior Homecoming King and Homecoming Queen! Who will be crowned King at the Pep Rally, and who will wear the tiara as Queen at the Game?

Hold on to those memories Decatur! Pre-order your copy of the 2024 Seahawk yearbook online at yearbookforever.com! THIS WEEK ONLY, use coupon code HOCO23 and save 10 dollars off your order! That means the books will cost 65 dollars instead of the current price of 75 dollars. Yearbookforever.com, coupon code HOCO23 and save!

Juniors and Seniors! There are several upcoming college visits this month. Be sure to check the list outside the Guidance Office frequently as the list is constantly being updated. Towson University will be here TODAY at 9:00 a.m. while on Thursday, October 12th, Neumann University will be here at 9:30 a.m. We also have Dickinson College and Stevenson University coming next week. Don’t miss out on these valuable opportunities.

There will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting TOMORROW morning in room D-151, Mr. Drahiem’s room. See Mrs. Kolluri or Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott if you have any questions. All are welcome!

Decatur, Mr. vonRigler is raising money for PBIS and hoping YOU can help! The goal is to reach 200 dollars by the end-of-the-day Thursday to have Mr. vonRigler dye all of his hair blue for the Friday Pep Rally! Donations will be collected during all lunch shifts. We have gathered 68 dollars so far! Please see Mr.vonRigler with questions and check the hallways for fliers!

This Friday Night! The Seahawks take on the Bulldogs under the Friday Night Lights! Come out to cheer on the team, celebrate with the cheerleaders, and crown the Homecoming Queen! Tickets will be on sale this Thursday and Friday during all lunch shifts, so buy your ticket early to bypass the line Friday night! Tickets are 5 dollars per person.

Homecoming week ends with the annual dance on Saturday from 6:30 until 10:00 pm. Entry into the dance is 10 dollars with payment being taken at the door. Live it up Vegas Style! Remember, in order to attend the dance you must be debt free, so make sure you settle any and all debts! Also, if you plan on bringing a guest from outside of the school, you MUST complete an Outside of School Guest Form and return it to the main office by 11:00 TODAY! Forms can be picked up in the main office.

New this year! We want to make this year’s dance better than ever, so this week is “Request Week”. Scan the QR code found on the red flyers around school to submit a request for two songs! Remember, not all requested songs will play, and requests will be taken at the dance, but submit your requests now for a better assortment of songs! We want to hear from you!

While it seems Barbie took over Tuesday at Decatur, Oppenheimer performed just as well as it did in theaters! The daily results for Tuesday are:

School Attendance: 4th place: seniors, 3rd Place: juniors, 2nd Place: sophomores, and 1st Place: freshman!

Dress Day: 4th place: freshman, 3rd Place: seniors, 2nd Place: juniors, and 1st Place: sophomores!

Powder Puff Attendance: 4th place: juniors, 3rd Place: sophomores, 2nd Place: seniors, and 1st Place: freshman!

Powder Puff Football Game: 4th place: freshman, 3rd Place: sophomores, 2nd Place: juniors, and 1st Place: seniors!

Powder Puff Cheer: 4th Place: juniors, 3rd Place: seniors, 2nd Place: Sophomores, and 1st Place: Freshman!

Overall totals after day 2: 4th place: freshman, 3rd Place: seniors, 2nd Place: juniors, and in 1st Place: sophomores!!!

Be sure to check in with the cheerleaders each day you are dressed to get points for your grade! If you were not able to get signed off this morning, check in with the cheerleaders on your way out today!

TONIGHT, come out for the annual Smish Smosh Lip Sync and Talent Show! Acts begin promptly at 6:00 in the auditorium! And remember, TOMORROW is all about the Era you are personally in!

Attention all girls interested in playing basketball this winter: please pick up an information packet outside of Mrs. Tracy’s room A-113. Important try out information and paperwork deadlines are included. Our next open gym is TOMORROW, October 12th from 6 until 7:30 p.m.

At 3:30 PM Cross Country competes at WiHi – departure at 1:45

At 4:00 PM Boys JV Soccer takes on Queen Anne’s at home

At 4:00 PM Varsity Field Hockey plays at Saint Michael’s – departure at 1:15

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Soccer battles Queen Anne’s at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!