Wednesday, October 18

Today Celebrates: No Beard Day and National Meatloaf Appreciation Day!

Lunch for today includes: Pizza Crunchers, Chicken Patty Sandwich, Steamed Brussel Sprouts, Steamed Carrots, Fresh Fruit, Pineapple Tidbits, and Milk.

Seniors! TODAY is the last day that Senior Portrait Retakes will take place down the front hallway, Broadway. If you were unable to sign up for portraits, check in with Lifetouch TODAY to see if they can fit you in. After today, any senior who missed portraits will need to schedule an appointment at Lifetouch’s Salisbury Studio.

Do you need service hours? We can help with that. See Mrs. Terlizzi or Mr. Thompson as soon as possible. There are MANY ways you can help!

Would you like to join the One School, One Community Indoor Trunk or Treat Event happening October 26th, but don’t know who to contact or what to do? Do you want to dress up for Halloween, but have nowhere to go? See Mr. Thompson or Mrs. Terlizzi as soon as possible and we will give you service hours in exchange for being Boo-tiful to our community members. Join us for our Indoor Trunk or Treat!

National English Honor Society members, remember to check in with Mrs. Terlizzi or Mr. Thompson today or tomorrow! Additionally, we will hold a work meeting next Monday, October 23rd in Mr. Thompson’s room to prepare for our Indoor Trunk or Treat event. Officers will meet again on Wednesday to review everything needed for the event. Please plan on attending!

Listen up Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors! Decatur is now accepting applications to be nominated for the Carson Scholarship Program. Applications are located outside of the CRT Office and posted on the Schoology message page. Only one person will be chosen to represent SDHS for the 2023-24 Carson Scholar Program, so pick up an application today! They are due back on Friday, December 1st!

Juniors and Seniors! There are several upcoming college visits this month. Be sure to check the list outside the Guidance Office. Stevenson University will be here at 10:00 on Thursday, while next week has Loyola University of Maryland, St. Mary’s College of Maryland, and Gettysburg College visiting. Don’t miss out on these valuable opportunities.

Decatur Nation! Picture day is coming! Save the Date! On Monday, October 30th, Lifetouch will be at school to take photos of all freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. Order forms will be handed out next week, but even if you do not plan on ordering photos, you will still need to sit for a picture for the yearbook. Teachers and staff will have their photos taken on the 30th as well.

Does your club or organization have an upcoming meeting or event that you would like shared with the school and community? Send in any and all announcements to [email protected] to have them shared on the announcements, which is posted to YouTube and on decaturhawk.com. Need them announced on a specific day? Make sure to email the announcement by 7:20 the morning of. See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Best of luck to all those groups presenting and performing in the Milford Halloween Parade this evening!

There will be an open gym for basketball tonight. The open gym will start at 5:30 and until 7 pm. You must leave the school at 2:40 and return 10 minutes before Open Gym. All are welcome and the fee is $2.00.

If you’re interested in trying out for the Boys Basketball team, please pick up your packet from Coach Johnson in room C-164. All paper work is due before or by November 13th.

There is an open gym this Friday from 9:00 until 10:30 for all GIRLS interested in playing basketball this winter! We are looking forward to seeing you there!

On Monday the JV Field Hockey team beat Bennett 5 to 0. Bella Candeloro led the team with 2 goals. Maizy Jerns had 1 goal and 1 assist. Reese Whitaker and Morgan Michalski added one goal each. Megan Sandt and Mary Short each had an assist.

The Varsity team took Bennett to double overtime on Monday with Ava Snelsire scoring the sudden victory goal with approximately 5 minutes left in the 2nd overtime period to win the game 1 to 0. It was a fantastic team effort. Special shout out to Ava Snelsire, Bailey Griffin, Emily Ferguson, Ryleigh Smith, Reagan Reed, and Jill Burton who played in both overtime 7 on 7’s after full regulation game play.

The field hockey program also raised over $800 in their Delmar Strong campaign to support the families of the 2 Delmar football players affected by a tragic car accident.

The Girls Varsity Soccer team won 1 to 0 against North Caroline last night. The goal was scored by Katelynn King and assisted by Sam Ruppert. Congrats on a great win!

At 3:30 PM Cross Country competes at Pocomoke – dismissal at 1:15

At 5:30 PM Varsity Field Hockey plays at Pocomoke – departure at 3:30

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Soccer battles Pocomoke at home during Senior Night!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!