Thursday, October 19

Today Celebrates: Evaluate Your Life Day!

Lunch for today includes: Mickey’s Cheese Pizza, Hot Dog on Whole Grain Bun, Oven Baked Crinkle Fries, Baked Beans, Fresh Fruit, Diced Peaches, and Milk.

Seniors! If you missed senior portraits this summer AND retakes this week, you will need to schedule an appointment at Lifetouch’s Salisbury Studio. All senior portraits MUST be taken through Lifetouch for the yearbook, and all portraits must be taken by February 1st. Remember, no senior portrait means no senior quote!

Attention Rho Kappa Members: If you have not already done so, please join our schoology group and check it for important information. Also, a reminder to new members dues are now past due. Please see Ms. Hathaway with any questions or concerns!

National English Honor Society members, remember to check in with Mr. Thompson TODAY! Additionally, we will hold a work meeting next Monday, October 23rd in Mr. Thompson’s room to prepare for our Indoor Trunk or Treat event. Officers will meet again on Wednesday to review everything needed for the event. Please plan on attending!

Do you need service hours? We can help with that. See Mr. Thompson as soon as possible. There are MANY ways you can help!

Would you like to join the One School, One Community Indoor Trunk or Treat Event happening October 26th, but don’t know who to contact or what to do? Do you want to dress up for Halloween, but have nowhere to go? See Mr. Thompson or Mrs. Terlizzi as soon as possible and we will give you service hours in exchange for being Boo-tiful to our community members. Join us for our Indoor Trunk or Treat!

Listen up Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors! Decatur is now accepting applications to be nominated for the Carson Scholarship Program. Applications are located outside of the CRT Office and posted on the Schoology message page. Only one person will be chosen to represent SDHS for the 2023-24 Carson Scholar Program, so pick up an application today! They are due back on Friday, December 1st!

Juniors and Seniors! There are several upcoming college visits this month. Be sure to check the list outside the Guidance Office. Stevenson University will be here at 10:00 TODAY, while next week Loyola University of Maryland, St. Mary’s College of Maryland, and Gettysburg College will be visiting. Don’t miss out on these valuable opportunities.

Decatur Nation! Picture day is coming! Save the Date! On Monday, October 30th, Lifetouch will be at school to take photos of all freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. Order forms will be handed out next week, but even if you do not plan on ordering photos, you will still need to sit for a picture for the yearbook. Teachers and staff will have their photos taken on the 30th as well.

If you’re interested in trying out for the Boys Basketball team, please pick up your packet from Coach Johnson in room C-164. All paper work is due before or by November 13th.

There is an open gym TOMORROW from 9:00 until 10:30 for all GIRLS interested in playing basketball this winter! We are looking forward to seeing you there!

At 3:00 PM Girls Varsity Soccer plays at WiHi – dismissal at 1:15

At 4:00 PM JV Volleyball takes on Mardela at home

At 5:00 PM Varsity Volleyball spikes Mardela at home

At 6:00 PM Varsity Cheer travels to WiHi – departure at 5:00

At 6:00 PM Varsity Football plays at WiHi – departure at 3:30

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday and Safe Extended Weekend Decatur!