Wednesday, November 15

Today Celebrates: America Recycles Day, Clean Your Refrigerator Day, and National Philanthropy Day!

Lunch for today includes: Beef and Cheese Nachos, BBQ Pork Sandwich, Steamed Green Beans, Steamed Corn, Fresh Fruit, Diced Pears, and Milk.

The Future Educators of America Club would like to wish all the teachers and staff a happy American Education Week by sending a few shout outs today! Please visit the link on Schoology to share your shoutouts each day this week.

Shout out Mrs. Santore-Schwartz. You are the best.

I love coming to Mr. Krall’s class. His classroom is so relaxing and makes me feel welcome. I have learned so much from you this year. I know teaching can be a thankless job, but know that you are appreciated for what you do above and beyond.

Mrs. Bunting is such a great PE teacher. Thanks to you, PE is my favorite class this year and I really mean that because I used to hate PE. You’ve helped me when I was upset, and I won’t forget that.

I love you Mrs. Galello. Your class is so fun because of you. Thank you for being my favorite teacher this year! Your teaching style helps me see my potential more than I ever could.

Thank you Mrs. Bova for being my favorite teacher ever. You are so caring and kind to everyone. You really care about us. Especially me!

I want to shout out Mr. Hinkle for keeping class real. You have high expectations and I appreciate that you believe in me.

I want to shout out Mrs. Gillespie because she really helped me understand that I need to find myself and believe that I can learn the skills and topics. I really thank her for that.

I wanna give a shout out to Mr. Cater. He always brightens the mood and makes me happy. His class is awesome, and it is so fun to just be silly.

I’d like to shout out Mrs. Bryan, my geometry teacher, for teaching me all the things about geometry so far and keeping me up to date on Alex.

I would like to shout out Mrs. Bone for always helping me out, being nice, and making class fun all the time.

Mrs. Berke, you make class fun and entertaining. Your class is a fun environment.

I want to shout out Mr. Gross, the show choir teacher, because he welcomed me with open arms and he saw the potential in me. And he knew what I could do, so I thank him dearly.

I would like to shout out Mrs. Candeloro. She really is nice and helps me a lot with my algebra work. She is really talented.

Mr. Riley – he is a great teacher. He makes sure we always get our work done on time but he doesn’t overwork us.

Mr. August is a great teacher. I look forward to coming to your class every day. I can tell that you really care about us and want us to be successful. Thanks for being a great teacher.

Thank you Mr. Draheim for helping me when I need it most. I have learned a lot in your class this semester. I really hope you can be my teacher again in the future.

Wow Decatur! You really showed up with the shout outs! Keep them coming by filling out the link on Schoology. Stay tuned for more shout outs tomorrow! Thank you to all SDHS teachers for all you do each and every day.

Tis the season to show some gratitude! (Roll Leo Club Card video 0:11:10) Buy your cards this week during all lunch shifts!

Attention Seniors: Salisbury University will be here on Thursday, November 30th. They will start by providing general college information in the cafeteria. Then, meet with students individually to conduct interviews for On-Site admissions. If you would like to be considered for On-Site Admissions at Salisbury University, please stop by guidance and write your name on the list.

We have additional upcoming college visits you may not be aware of, so listen up! Tomorrow, Catholic University will be in the guidance office at 1:15. On Tuesday, November 21st, Wilmington University will visit at 1:15, so check in to see what they offer before escaping into a turkey coma! Lastly, on Tuesday, November 28th, Virginia Commonwealth University will visit at 10:00 am. Continue to check the list posted outside guidance for all upcoming college visits.

Attention sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Are you interested in a career in plumbing? Want to learn a trade, and get paid? If so, attend the interest meeting with Seaside Plumbing on Thursday, November 16th, at 10:00 am in the cafeteria.

After School Academy Participants – this is a friendly reminder that there will be NO after school academy programs next week. Again, no after school programs on November 20th and 21st.

Give a can man! Decatur’s annual canned food drive is taking place all this week! As always, this is a first period competition, meaning that breakfast will be awarded to the three classes that bring in the most food per pound! Help those in need this holiday season and bring in those cans all week long!

It’s that time of year again when YOU can nominate your favorite teacher for Teacher of the Year. Who will be named Decatur’s Teacher of the Year for the 2023-24 school year? Visit our schools website, sdhs.worcesterk12.org to nominate! Nominations are now open and will remain open until December 1st.

Are you someone who wants to give back to the community through sports? Are you looking to improve your life skills such as patience, teamwork, and communication? Do you like lifting weights? Then you may be interested in joining our Unified Strength and Conditioning team! Unified Sports is a powerful instrument of change that impacts athletes of all ranges. Through a shared team training and competition experience, Unified Sports builds bridges to connect athletes in a meaningful way. Anyone interested in joining our Unified Strength and Conditioning team this winter, please contact Ms. Bone or Ms. Owens by November 21st. Space is limited.

Today begins tryouts for boys basketball. If you are a freshman or sophomore, please arrive at the school by 4:45pm. Please do not enter the gym until 5:00 pm. All juniors and seniors should report by 6:15pm. Good Luck to everyone trying out for a Winter sport. Let’s go Seahawks!!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!