Wednesday, December 6

Today Celebrates: Mitten Tree Day and St. Nicholas Day!

Lunch for today includes: Breaded Mozzarella Cheese Sticks with Marinara Sauce, BBQ Pork Sandwich, Steamed Green Beans, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Fresh Fruit, Mandarin Oranges, and Milk.

Attention After School Academy participants: TODAY is the LAST DAY of the fall session of the After School Academy. After today, there will be no transportation available other than the normal end-of-school day buses until the winter session begins.

But, GOOD NEWS! Registration for the winter session of the After School Academy is NOW open! Check out the flyers posted around school for a full list of programs offered and sign up using the QR code or through the school’s website. The Winter Sessions begin on January 8th. Get involved, become enriched!

Hello, fellow students! If you’re eager to join the Dual Enrollment gang this Spring, listen up! You’ve only got until the 8th of December to submit the Dual Enrollment packet to our trusty Guidance team. NO dual enrollment packets will be accepted after this date.

Decatur Nation! We will host a FAFSA information night in the cafeteria at 5:00 pm on December 12th. Parents and students are encouraged to attend. The FAFSA is Free Federal money and anyone applying to college must complete a FAFSA. If you and your parents can not make it on December 12th, there are other dates throughout the county when this information will be shared. Stop by guidance if you are interested in any of the other dates!

Want to make someone’s day? Send a candy cane gram this holiday season. From Wednesday, December 13th to Tuesday, December 19th the National English Honor Society will be hosting the annual candy cane gram sale. Stop by the table in the cafeteria during your lunch shift to order a candy cane gram for your friends, teachers, and even yourself! All grams will be delivered Wednesday, December 20th.

There will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday and every Thursday in December at 7:10 in D-151, Mr. Drahiem’s room. See Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott or Mrs. Kolluri if you have any questions. All are welcome!

Congratulations to the JV Girls Basketball Team on their 1st victory of the season over North Caroline with a score of 22 to 16. The team was led by Mackenzie Chmar’s 9 points. Way to go Seahawks!

At 2:00 PM Boys and Girls Indoor Track compete at Worcester Rec. Center – dismissal at 12:15

At 5:00 PM Girls and Boys Wrestling takes on Cambridge South Dorchester at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!