Monday, December 11

Today Celebrates: National Noodle Ring Day!

Lunch for today includes: Soft Taco with Beef, Chicken Patty Sandwich, Tater Tots, Steamed Mixed Vegetables, Fresh Fruit, Mandarin Oranges, and Milk.

Students! We will host a FAFSA information night in the cafeteria at 5:00 pm on December 12th. Parents and students are encouraged to attend. The FAFSA is Free Federal money and anyone applying to college must complete a FAFSA. If you and your parents can not make it on December 12th, there are other dates throughout the county when this information will be shared. Stop by guidance if you are interested in any of the other dates!

Decatur Nation! The Hawk is YOUR student newspaper, and we’re looking for YOU to join. As a staff member on The Hawk, YOU can be anything — a writer, a photographer, an editor, a graphic designer, and more. You can even be a content creator for our Instagram and get thousands of views. Interested? If you want to join The Hawk this Spring, run and see your Guidance Counselor to get signed up. Newspaper will be a fourth-period class in the spring semester. Best of all… in March, students on The Hawk will spend three nights in New York City for an unforgettable field trip. Want to find out more? See Mr. Shane or your guidance counselor for more details.

The Students Against Destructive Decisions will hold two Spirit Days! THIS Friday, December 15th, make sure you wear red to celebrate a Vape Free Holiday! On Monday, December 18th, stop at the SADD table during all lunch shifts to pick up a sweet treat during the “Drugs Aren’t Neat, Candy is Sweet” day.

Want to make someone’s day? Send a candy cane gram this holiday season. Beginning this Wednesday, December 13th and running until Tuesday, December 19th the National English Honor Society is hosting the annual candy cane gram sale. Stop by the table in the cafeteria during your lunch shift to order a candy cane gram for your friends, teachers, and even yourself! All grams will be delivered Wednesday, December 20th.

There will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday and every Thursday in December at 7:10 in D-151, Mr. Drahiem’s room. See Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott or Mrs. Kolluri if you have any questions. All are welcome!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Magnificent Monday Decatur!