Tuesday, December 12

Today Celebrates: Gingerbread House Day and Poinsettia Day!

Lunch for today includes: Rotini with Meat Sauce and Garlic Toast, Chicken and Vegetable Dumplings, Steamed Green Beans, Steamed Corn, Applesauce Cup, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Congratulations to Elizabeth Buppert for making the Maryland All State Chorus as an Alto. With over 1,500 auditions for this select choir, only 150 make it in and our very own Elizabeth took one of those coveted spots! Congrats to Elizabeth on a job well done!

Congratulations goes out to senior Jonah Ridgely for his amazing effort in becoming the best high school guitarist in the entire state of Maryland.  Not only is he the best student guitarist in the state, he is also the ONLY instrumentalist from the Eastern Shore to make it to the state level.  Oh and did I mention, this is the 2nd year in a row he has succeeded in such a task.  Looking forward to the gig in 2024.  Excellent job and good work again Jonah.

Students! We will host a FAFSA information night in the cafeteria at 5:00 pm TONIGHT. Parents and students are encouraged to attend. The FAFSA is Free Federal money and anyone applying to college must complete a FAFSA. If you and your parents can not make it this evening, there are other dates throughout the county when this information will be shared. Stop by guidance if you are interested in any of the other dates!

Tis the season for some holiday cheer and music! Come out and support the SDHS Choral program by attending our winter concert TOMORROW night beginning at 6:00 pm in the auditorium. Mr. Gross and Company promise to put on a great show. We hope to see you there!

Want to make someone’s day? Send a candy cane gram this holiday season. Beginning TOMORROW and running until Tuesday, December 19th the National English Honor Society is hosting the annual candy cane gram sale. Stop by the table in the cafeteria during your lunch shift to order a candy cane gram for your friends, teachers, and even yourself! All grams will be delivered Wednesday, December 20th.

There will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday and next Thursday at 7:10 in D-151, Mr. Drahiem’s room. See Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott or Mrs. Kolluri if you have any questions. All are welcome!

Decatur Nation! The end of the semester is quickly approaching so don’t let those assignments pile up, visit the Seahawk Writing Center for any and all writing help! (Roll Seahawk Writing Center Video 0:54:10)

The Students Against Destructive Decisions will hold two Spirit Days! THIS Friday, December 15th, make sure you wear red to celebrate a Vape Free Holiday! On Monday, December 18th, stop at the SADD table during all lunch shifts to pick up a sweet treat during the “Drugs Aren’t Neat, Candy is Sweet” day.

Good News Decatur! Registration for the winter session of the After School Academy is NOW open! Check out the flyers posted around school for a full list of programs offered and sign up using the QR code or through the school’s website. The Winter Sessions begin on January 8th. Get involved, become enriched!

At 3:00 PM Girls and Boys Swim takes on Sussex Central at the Pocomoke YMCA – dismissal at 12:45

At 4:30 PM Girls JV Basketball plays Washington at home

At 5:00 PM Boys and Girls Wrestling competes at Huntingtown – dismissal at 11:45

At 6:00 PM Girls Varsity Basketball battles Washington at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!