Friday, December 15

Today Celebrates: Bill of Rights Day and National Lemon Cupcake Day!

Lunch for today includes: Big Daddy’s Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, Hotdog with Bun, Oven Baked Crinkle Fries, Steamed Kale, Pineapple Tidbits, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Did you remember to wear red today to celebrate a Vape Free Holiday? Either way, don’t forget to stop at the SADD table during lunch on Monday to pick up a sweet treat during the “Drugs Aren’t Neat, Candy is Sweet” day.

Decatur Nation! Voting for the 2023 Door Decorating Contest is NOW open! Scan the QR code posted on or near each door to vote using the star rating! Voting is open until the end of the day Monday. The winning class will receive delicious holiday treats, and you can vote for every single door! Don’t forget those doors down side hallways!

Seniors! Listen up! You have until the 31st of this month to order your cap and gown before the price goes up! You need a cap and gown for graduation, so don’t let senioritis be the reason why you pay more for your cap and gown! Order today by scanning the QR codes on the flyers posted around school!

Extra, extra, read all about it! The Hawk is your student newspaper, and we’re looking for you to join. If you want to join The Hawk this Spring, see your Guidance Counselor to get signed up. Newspaper will be a fourth-period class in the spring semester. Best of all… in March, students on The Hawk will spend three nights in New York City for an unforgettable and educational field trip. Want to find out more? See Mr. Shane or your guidance counselor for more details.

Want to make someone’s day? Send a candy cane gram this holiday season. The National English Honor Society is hosting the annual candy cane gram sale now until Tuesday, December 19th. Stop by the table in the cafeteria during your lunch shift to order a candy cane gram for your friends, teachers, and even yourself! All grams will be delivered Wednesday, December 20th.

Congratulations to our Unified Strength and Conditioning Team as they tackled their first scrimmage at Bennett yesterday. Athletes Blaine Coleman, Michael Jones, Phill Mason, Ray Molnar, Luke Sherry, and Griffin Smith showed their strength, speed, and endurance as they endured powerlifting, speed, and agility events while being guided by our incredible helpers and coaches. Way to go team!

Congratulations to the JV Girls Basketball team on their 4th win of the season with a 55 to 11 win over Nandua. The team was led by Mackenzie Chmar’s 16 points, Ava Konyar’s 7 points. Lilly Carson chipped in with 6 points and Mara Mills earned her first point of the season!! Way to go team!!

Seahawk’s ate late night against the Crisfield Crabbers in their 49 to 8 victory. In her first game of the season, Allison Swift had 11 points and 5 steals, Alexis Berrie, Paityn Tyre, Sadie Kauffman, and Makenzee Purnell all contributed with 6 points each. Congrats ladies! Be sure to support the girls’ basketball team in its next home game on Monday against the Clippers!

At 1:30 PM Varsity Wrestling competed in the Bauerlin Duals – dismissal at 8:45

At 4:00 PM Girls Wrestling competes in the Beast of the East Tournament – dismissal at 11:45

At 4:30 PM Boys JV Basketball takes on Crisfield at home

At 6:00 PM Boys Varsity Basketball battles Crisfield at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!