Keep Busy During Winter Break

11 ideas that are fun for the whole family

Over the winter break, there will be days when it seems that there is nothing for you to do, and nowhere to go. But, in our community, there’s always an activity. And some are PERFECT for winter!

1. Winterfest of Lights 
Winterfest of Lights, located at Northside Park, Ocean City, there is a wonderful and festive maze of lights to see. You can ride the train or walk through the park, and there are many opportunities for creative photos. Winterfest is open everyday (except Christmas Day) from 5:30-9:30 pm, until December 31 (New Years Eve), and proves to be a cost efficient “fan favorite”, as it is free for guests 11 and under, and costing only $6 for guests 12 and older. Visit oceancitymd.gov for more!

2. Ice Skating  
Carousel Oceanfront Hotel and Condos has an ice skating rink open to the public, nearly all year long. They offer skates of sizes youth 8 up to Men’s 15, to have fun with the whole family. Carousel also offers food and drinks, and there is an arcade on the premises. The cost to skate is $6 for hotel guests and $8 for non-guests. Skate rental is $4 for hotel guests and $6 for non guests. Visit Carouselhotel.com for more!

3. Laser Tag  
Located in Uptown Ocean City, Game World offers laser tag, arcade games, and mini golf. Game World is open everyday from 9am to midnight, and offers a snack bar as well as deals and sales for larger parties. The price per game of laser tag is $12, $17 for 2 games, or $35 for an unlimited amount of gameplay. Visit Gameworld.com for more!

4. Indoor Mini Golf
Old Pro Golf on 68th street offers and indoor, ocean themed, mini golf. Prices vary from $12 per person for one game, $8 for unlimited, or $20 for a whole day of play. See more about pricing at oldprogolf.com

5. Trampoline Park
If you’re up for a short drive to Delmar, Maryland, you can visit Altitude Trampoline Park for unlimited fun. Jump passes start at $20, and deals are available for larger parties. Visit altitudedelmar.com for more information.

6. Alley Oops!
With 2 locations, midtown and downtown, Alley Oops (two locations in Ocean City) has something for everyone. A large arcade, bowling lanes, a restaurant, VR systems and a shark tank offer a unique experience for all ages. More pricing information at midtown.allyoopsoc.com.

7. Bowling
Open all week, times varying, Ocean Lanes is a timeless Ocean City tradition offering many party deals and leagues for everyone. Each game is $5.75 per person and shoe rental is $3.50. The bowling alley is complete with a snack bar, and an alcoholic bar for customers 21 and older. Visit oceanlanesocmd.com for more.

8. The Spa Treatment
Award Winning day spa “A Perfect Face” in West Ocean City has many different services to chose from, and packages to enhance the fun! Hair, nails, skincare, massages and more, visit aperfectface.com for pricing and sales.

9. The Movies
Cold weather is a perfect time to curl up and watch a movie. The best places to see the most recent flicks and receive award winning service is at the movie theater. The best choices are Flagship Cinemas and Fox Gold Coast. Visit flagshipcinemas.com or goldcoastmallocmd.com for more information about pricing and showtimes.

10. Escape Rooms
With multiple locations around Ocean City, Escapomania Escape Rooms offers many escape room themes and difficulties. For pricing, visit Escapomania.com.

11. Penguin Swim
To finish out the break, on January 1st, New Years Day, Atlantic General Hospital hosts the 30th annual Penguin Swim at Princess Royale Oceanfront on 91st beach. Registration is $30 per person on or before December 30, or $35 per person on December 31 or January 1. You can participate as a team or as an individual, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place win trophies! Check in on January 1st is from 9-11:30 am, and the swim race is at 12pm. For registration information, go to aghpenguinswim.org or scan the QR code!