Wednesday, January 3

Today Celebrates: Festival of Sleep Day, Fruitcake Toss Day, and Humiliation Day!

Lunch for today includes: Pizza Crunchers, Chicken Patty Sandwich, Steamed Brussel Sprouts, Steamed Carrots, Fresh Fruit, Pineapple Tidbits, and Milk.

Registration for the winter session of the After School Academy is NOW open! Check out the flyers posted around school for a full list of programs offered and sign up using the QR code – OR through the school’s website. The Winter Sessions begin on January 8th. Get involved, become enriched!

The Decatur Film Society will begin meeting next Tuesday, January 9th in the DNN Studio. If interested in joining, make sure you sign up for the After School Academy, even if you were a member last session. See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Extra, extra, read all about it! The Hawk is your student newspaper, and we’re looking for you to join. If you want to join The Hawk this Spring, see your Guidance Counselor to get signed up. Newspaper will be a fourth-period class in the spring semester. Best of all… in March, students on The Hawk will spend three nights in New York City for an unforgettable and educational field trip. Want to find out more? See Mr. Shane or your guidance counselor for more details.

Seniors! If you still have not gotten your senior portraits taken, time is running out! You need to sign up through Lifetouch to have a portrait session at their Salisbury Studio, and appointments MUST take place prior to February 1st, or your photo will NOT appear in the yearbook. Also, no senior portrait means no senior quote, so don’t delay, schedule TODAY!

Does your club or organization have an upcoming meeting or event that you would like shared with the school and community? Send in any and all announcements to [email protected] to have them shared on the announcements, which is posted to YouTube and on decaturhawk.com. Need them announced on a specific day? Make sure to email the announcement by 7:20 the morning of. See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

At 2:00 PM Indoor Track competes at the Worcester Rec. Center – dismissal at 12:15

At 4:30 PM Boys JV Basketball plays at Pocomoke – dismissal at 2:30

At 6:00 PM Boys Varsity Basketball plays at Pocomoke – dismissal at 2:30

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!