Monday, January 8

Today Celebrates: Earth’s Rotation Day, National Argyle Day, and Bubble Bath Day!

Lunch for today includes: Cheese Lasagna Roll Up with Garlic Toast, Chicken Tenders with Roll, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Steamed Corn, Mandarin Oranges, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

All students who are scheduled to be in a dual enrollment course next semester should report to the media center on TUESDAY morning at 8:15. If you cannot attend during the day, a second meeting will take place at 5:00 Tuesday evening at the start of parent conferences. For questions, please stop by guidance.

Decatur Nation! Today is the first day of the winter session of the After School Academy. Registration is still open so check out the flyers posted around school for a full list of programs offered and sign up using the QR code – OR through the school’s website. Get involved, become enriched!

Students! The main office lost and found bin has many key chains, eyeglasses, portable chargers, and AirPods, including singles and empty cases. Please stop by to check if you’ve lost any of these items!

New year, new grade. Do you need or want a better grade on a paper that is due by the end of the semester? Sign up for a Seahawk Writing Center session before finals. Ask your teacher if they will give extra credit for attending. Each session is only 30 minutes. You owe it to yourself. Soar in ’24 at the Seahawk Writing Center!

Seniors! If you still have not gotten your senior portraits taken, time is running out! You need to sign up through Lifetouch to have a portrait session at their Salisbury Studio, and appointments MUST take place prior to February 1st, or your photo will NOT appear in the yearbook. Also, no senior portrait means no senior quote, so don’t delay, schedule TODAY!

Attention all girls interested in playing lacrosse this spring. We will be having an interest meeting after school TODAY from 2:50 until 3:15 in room C181. Attendance is mandatory so please make arrangements to attend.

Congratulations to both the Girl’s Wrestling Team on their impressive feat at the Who’s Number 1 Tournament. Aya Meijber took home 8th place, Amari Purnell took 3rd, and both Chaniah Bernier and AJ Johnson took home 1st. Way to go Hawks!

Congratulations to the Boys Varsity Wrestling team for bringing home 1st place in the Iron Horse Duels over the weekend! Way to go guys!

At 4:30 PM Boys JV Basketball takes on WiHi at home

At 6:00 PM Boys Varsity Basketball battles WiHi at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Magnificent Monday Decatur!