Tuesday, January 9

Today Celebrates: Poetry at Work Day, National Static Electricity Day, National Word Nerd Day, and International Choreographer’s Day!

Lunch for today includes: Sliced Hot Turkey Breast with Roll, Popcorn Chicken with Roll, Whipped Potatoes, Steamed Brussel Sprouts, Diced Pears, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

All students who are scheduled to be in a dual enrollment course next semester should report to the media center at 8:15 TODAY. If you cannot attend during the day, a second meeting will take place at 5:00 this evening at the start of parent conferences. For questions, please stop by guidance.

Attention juniors and seniors! Interested in a career in Automotive technology? The head trainer from the Pohanka Automotive Training Center will be at Decatur at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, January 19th in the cafeteria to meet with students to discuss their training program, what it is like to work as an automotive technician, and answer any questions you may have. In order to attend you must register by Wednesday, January 17th. The registration link can be found on Schoology under the class of 2024 or 2025 course. If you have have any questions, please see Mr. Horsman.

Calling all writers! The 2023-24 Optimist Writing Contest deadline is quickly approaching! Write an essay, 700 to 800 words, telling how optimism connects us, and you could win a monetary award! See any teacher for an application and more information. Entries are due by this Wednesday, January 10th!

Decatur Nation! The winter session of the After School Academy has begun! Registration is still open so check out the flyers posted around school for a full list of programs offered and sign up using the QR code – OR through the school’s website. Get involved, become enriched!

New year, new grade. Do you need or want a better grade on a paper that is due by the end of the semester? Sign up for a Seahawk Writing Center session before finals. Ask your teacher if they will give extra credit for attending. Each session is only 30 minutes. You owe it to yourself. Soar in ’24 at the Seahawk Writing Center!

Students, this is a friendly reminder that TOMORROW is a half-day for all students, with periods 4 and 5 being observed. Again, we will hold periods 4 and 5 during the scheduled half day tomorrow.

Today’s Sports: Weather Permitting

At 3:00 PM Boys and Girls Swim takes on Queen Anne’s at the Pocomoke YMCA – dismissal at 12:45

At 4:30 PM Girls Varsity Basketball plays at Mardela – dismissal at 2:30

At 6:00 PM Boys Varsity Basketball plays at Mardela – dismissal also 2:30

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!