Wednesday, March 6

Today Celebrates: Dentist’s Day, National Frozen Food Day, and National Oreo Cookie Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken and Vegetable Dumplings, Beef and Cheese Nachos, Steamed Green Beans, Diced Pears, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Class of 2024! Your time to shine is quickly approaching. You each have been added to a new course on Schoology entitled, DNN Senior News. Make sure you check that periodically for important information regarding baby photos for the graduation video, senior superlatives, and of course, senior quotes.

Attention Seniors: Please continue to check Schoolinks for scholarships. Many deadlines are approaching quickly. If you are not sure where to find them, please stop by guidance with your iPad handy.

Seniors who plan to attend Wor-Wic next year in the fall, please sign up so that you can register here at Decatur. Wor-Wic will be here on April 5th to register students. You must sign up on the form in Schoology and apply to Wor-Wic prior to April 2nd.

Attention ALL 9th through 11th grade students: The Schoology course to enter your next year’s course selections will end on March 12th. Please do not wait, go and enter your requests for next year’s courses now! You can only submit once so please take your time and make selections carefully!

Don’t let the new semester get away from you! Schedule an appointment with the Seahawk Writing Center to ensure quality papers and essays this semester. Sessions are only 30 minutes long, but the impacts can last a lifetime. Sign up for a session by scanning the QR code on the flyers posted around school.

Stephen Decatur Cheer is back again with their annual fundraiser “Egg My Yard”. If you would like to surprise your kids, neighbors, and/or friends with some easter fun! Let the Stephen Decatur Cheerleaders deliver candy filled eggs! We are selling 25 eggs for $25, 50 Eggs for $50, 75 eggs for $65, and 100 eggs for $85. You can choose you to have your eggs delivered to your porch or scattered in the yard. Please use this link located in the hallways or outside of Miss. Johnson classroom C129 to fill out the google doc form. The payment is cash or check only. Please make sure to write the check to the Stephen Decatur High School. For cash, please give it to Miss. Johnson. Please have your cash in an envelope! Thank you so much for the support!

Looking for a summer job? Do you like having your own money? Attend the job fair on Thursday, April 4th from 9:00 am until 12:00 pm in the gym. Every class will be attending the job fair. Dress to impress, bring a resume but not required. YES! YOU! Go to the job fair!!!

Seems like Decatur made some news and history while we were off the air. Congratulations to all winter teams for an amazing season. A massive congratulations goes out to the Unified Strength and Conditioning team on winning states. First year and first state title!

Wrestling also made history by winning their 5th consecutive state title this year! Way to go team!

If that wasn’t enough, wrestling also had three individual champions crowned this past Saturday. Elijah Collick, Gavin Solito, and AJ Johnson took home gold, with AJ being named the first ever female champion of Decatur. Great job everyone!

Another congratulations goes out to the Boys Varsity Basketball team for advancing to the State Championship!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!