Tuesday, March 26

Today Celebrates: Live Long and Prosper Days, Make Up Your Own Holiday Day, and National Spinach Day!

Lunch for today includes: Mickeys Cheese Pizza, Hot Dog on Bun, Tater Tots, Steamed Broccoli, Applesauce, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Breaking News overnight, the Francis Scott Key Bridge, known as the Key Bridge in Baltimore was struck by a cargo ship and collapsed early this morning. If you plan on traveling to the Baltimore area this holiday break, be aware of the ongoing investigation and road closures due to this.

Class of 2024! Your time to shine is quickly approaching. You each have been added to a new course on Schoology entitled, DNN Senior News. Make sure you check that periodically for important information regarding baby photos for the graduation video, senior superlatives, and of course, senior quotes. An update has been posted with important dates, so check it out and please tell your senior friends.

Seniors! Save the Date! On Tuesday, April 9th, Lifetouch will be here to capture the senior class Panoramic photo, the photo of your entire class, at 8:05 a.m. in the gym. Tech buses will be held briefly for this photo, so make sure you arrive on time! Seniors will be called down, and the photo will only take a few minutes. If you are late and miss it, then you miss it. Please see Mr. Thompson or the main office for order forms. Senior Panoramic Photo on Tuesday, April 9th at 8:05 a.m.

Attention Seniors. Scholarship application season is reaching a climax. Many scholarships are due next Monday, April first. Because our offices will be closed for the upcoming spring break, applications should be submitted to the Guidance Office by this Wednesday. If needed, you may pick up sealed transcripts for applications they will send yourself. You can go to the Guidance Office if they have questions about your applications.

Attention members of Educators Rising: Are you ready to take your passion for education to the next level? Here’s an opportunity you won’t want to miss! A scholarship worth five thousand dollars awaits those who are willing to seize it, but the clock is ticking. The deadline is fast approaching, with applications due by April 1st. See Mrs. Stevenson if you would like an application.

Additionally, we will have a meeting for all current and all interested members on Tuesday, April 2nd to discuss the summer conference in D.C., the trip to Buckingham at the end of April, and Teacher Appreciation plans for May. You are so appreciated. The meeting, which will take place on the day we return from Spring Break, will take place in Stevenson’s room.

Looking for a summer job? Do you like having your own money? Attend the job fair on Thursday, April 4th from 9:00 am until 12:00 pm in the gym. Dress to impress, bring a resume but not required.

Decatur is sponsoring a school-wide beach supply drive benefiting Believe in Tomorrow, an organization that treats children stricken will illness to a stress-free vacation at the beach. Bring in beach shovels, playing cards, sunscreen, coloring books, beach toys and more. Collection boxes are in the main office, the CRT Office, and Mrs. Thompson’s room A168. Let’s show them “there’s no place like the beach!”

The Seahawk Writing Center is looking for tutors to be trained for late spring and next school year. If you are interested in writing, developing a website, helping others, discussing all types of writing, like after school snacks, and want to help create a new model for the Seahawk Writing Center as it enters its tenth year, see Mrs. Terlizzi before Spring Break. The possibilities are endless when you write your own story!

And now, it’s time to draw the winner of the NEHS Bunny Bonus Basket raffle. Thank you to everyone who participated, and best of luck! Drum roll please…. and the winner is __________, Congratulations! Please come see Mr. Thompson at the end of the announcements to pick up your prize.

Coaches, DNN wants to share in your celebrations! Remember to send in any and all announcements to [email protected] to be shared on our morning announcements and on the decaturhawk.com. You can assign a student athlete, team manager, or parent to email in announcements by 7:20 the morning of. See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

At 4:00 PM JV Baseball plays at Bennett – dismissal at 2:00

At 4:00 PM Boys and Girls Tennis competes at North Caroline – dismissal at 1:45

At 4:00 PM Varsity Softball takes on Bennett at home

At 4:00 PM Varsity Baseball battles Bennett at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!