Wednesday, March 27

Today Celebrates: National “Joe” Day!

Lunch for today includes: Breaded Mozzarella Cheese Sticks with Marinara Sauce, BBQ Pork Sandwich, Steamed Green Beans, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Mandarin Oranges, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

A well deserved congratulations goes out to the Stephen Decatur String Orchestra for their unbelievable performance at yesterday’s district adjudication. Not only did they play incredibly well, but the orchestra also impressed the judges to the point of earning a superior rating for the ensemble. This was an amazing performance and Mr. Foell is extremely proud of the work our SDHS strings were able to achieve. Great Job Orchestra!

Attention members of Educators Rising: Are you ready to take your passion for education to the next level? Here’s an opportunity you won’t want to miss! A scholarship worth five thousand dollars awaits those who are willing to seize it, but the clock is ticking. The deadline is fast approaching, with applications due by April 1st. See Mrs. Stevenson if you would like an application.

Bounty hunters are so outdated… Bunny hunters are a different thing. Hop along with the bunny hunter on her Easter “hunt”. (Roll Lilly, Mac, and Sam 0:36:23)

Additionally, we will have a meeting for all current and all interested Educators Rising members on Tuesday, April 2nd to discuss the summer conference in D.C., the trip to Buckingham at the end of April, and Teacher Appreciation plans for May. The meeting, which will take place on the day we return from Spring Break, will take place in Stevenson’s room.

Looking for a summer job? Do you like having your own money? Attend the job fair on Thursday, April 4th from 9:00 am until 12:00 pm in the gym. Dress to impress, bring a resume but not required.

We all know about how the Grinch Stole Christmas, but he wasn’t the only bad egg. Have you all heard of the bunny that stole Easter? (Roll Gavin, Cassidy, Emily 1:33:19)

Decatur is sponsoring a school-wide beach supply drive benefiting Believe in Tomorrow, an organization that treats children stricken with illness to a stress-free vacation at the beach. Bring in beach shovels, playing cards, sunscreen, coloring books, beach toys and more. Collection boxes are in the main office, the CRT Office, and Mrs. Thompson’s room A168. Let’s show them “there’s no place like the beach!”

In this Easter rhyme, eggs are disappearing one by one, a sweet culinary crime. (Roll Breandan Josh AJ 1:10:04)

Attention After School Academy participants: There will be NO After School programs on Thursday, April 4th. Please plan accordingly and take your regular scheduled transportation home following the school day.

At 2:00 PM Track and Field competes at Cambridge – departure at 11:45

At 4:00 PM Girls JV Lacrosse takes on Caesar Rodney at home

At 4:00 PM Boys JV Lacrosse plays as Cape Henlopen – departure at 1:45

At 5:30 PM Girls Varsity Lacrosse battles Caesar Rodney at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday and Relaxing Spring Break Decatur