Tuesday, April 2

Today Celebrates: Children’s Book Day, National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day, and Reconciliation Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken and Vegetable Dumplings, Rotini with Meat Sauce with Garlic Toast, Steamed Green Beans, Steamed Corn, Fresh Fruit Variety, and Milk.

Hopefully, everyone was able to enjoy a relaxing spring break. This is a reminder that the semester is still in full swing and time will be moving rather quickly, so keep up to date on all assignments, don’t let the weather influence your attendance, and class of 2024 don’t let senioritis set in and prevent you from walking the stage.

Don’t let the semester get away from you! Schedule an appointment with the Seahawk Writing Center to ensure quality papers and essays this semester. Sessions are only 30 minutes long, but the impacts can last a lifetime. Sign up for a session by scanning the QR code on the flyers posted around school.

All current and all interested members of the Educators Rising will meet after school TODAY to discuss the summer conference in D.C., the trip to Buckingham at the end of April, and Teacher Appreciation plans for May. The meeting will take place in Stevenson’s room.

Attention After School Academy participants: There will be NO After School programs on Thursday, April 4th. Please plan accordingly and take your regular scheduled transportation home following the school day.

Class of 2024! Your time to shine is quickly approaching. You each have been added to a new course on Schoology entitled, DNN Senior News. Make sure you check that periodically for important information regarding baby photos for the graduation video, senior superlatives, and of course, senior quotes.

Seniors! Save the Date! On Tuesday, April 9th, Lifetouch will be here to capture the senior class Panoramic photo, the photo of your entire class, at 8:05 a.m. in the gym. Tech buses will be held briefly for this photo, so make sure you arrive on time! Seniors will be called down, and the photo will only take a few minutes. If you are late and miss it, then you miss it. Please see Mr. Thompson or the main office for order forms. Senior Panoramic Photo on Tuesday, April 9th at 8:05 a.m.

Looking for a summer job? Do you like having your own money? Attend the job fair on Thursday, April 4th from 9:00 am until 12:00 pm in the gym. Dress to impress, bring a resume but not required.

Decatur is sponsoring a school-wide beach supply drive benefiting Believe in Tomorrow, an organization that treats children stricken with illness to a stress-free vacation at the beach. Bring in beach shovels, playing cards, sunscreen, coloring books, beach toys and more. Collection boxes are in the main office, the CRT Office, and Mrs. Thompson’s room A168. Let’s show them “there’s no place like the beach!”

At 4:00 PM JV Softball takes on Cape Henlopen at home

At 4:00 PM Girls and Boys Tennis competes at Parkside – departure at 3:00

At 4:15 PM Varsity Softball plays at Cape Henlopen – dismissal at 1:45

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!