Wednesday, April 3

Today Celebrates: Find a Rainbow Day, National Walking Day, and World Party Day!

Lunch for today includes: Ham and Cheese Ripper, Popcorn Chicken with Dinner Roll, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Steamed Broccoli, Fresh Fruit Variety, Diced Peaches, and Milk.

Attention NHS INDUCTEES: You have a quick practice today from 9:45 until 10:15. This is a slight change because of the delay. The 9:45 to 10:15 meeting is for inductees only. All other practice times for current members remain the same.

Attention After School Academy participants: There will be NO After School programs TOMORROW, Thursday, April 4th. Please plan accordingly and take your regular scheduled transportation home following the school day.

Decatur’s chapter of the National English Honor Society is hosting a membership drive over the next two weeks until April 19th. We are looking for dedicated students who have interest in serving their community, a combined GPA of 3.5 or higher in all English classes, and experience in two English electives. If you’re interested, see any English teacher for an application. For more information on the Seahawk Lyceum, visit the school’s website under extracurricular activities or see Mrs. Terlizzi or Mr. Thompson.

Don’t let the semester get away from you! Schedule an appointment with the Seahawk Writing Center to ensure quality papers and essays this semester. Sessions are only 30 minutes long, but the impacts can last a lifetime. Sign up for a session by scanning the QR code on the flyers posted around school.

Seniors! Save the Date! On Tuesday, April 9th, Lifetouch will be here to capture the senior class Panoramic photo, the photo of your entire class, at 8:05 a.m. in the gym. Tech buses will be held briefly for this photo, so make sure you arrive on time! Seniors will be called down, and the photo will only take a few minutes. If you are late and miss it, then you miss it. Please see Mr. Thompson or the main office for order forms. Senior Panoramic Photo on Tuesday, April 9th at 8:05 a.m.

Looking for a summer job? Do you like having your own money? Attend the job fair on Thursday, April 4th from 9:00 am until 12:00 pm in the gym. Dress to impress, bring a resume but not required.

Decatur is sponsoring a school-wide beach supply drive benefiting Believe in Tomorrow, an organization that treats children stricken with illness to a stress-free vacation at the beach. Bring in beach shovels, playing cards, sunscreen, coloring books, beach toys and more. Collection boxes are in the main office, the CRT Office, and Mrs. Thompson’s room A168. Let’s show them “there’s no place like the beach!”

Today’s Sports: Weather Permitting

At 4:00 PM Girls and Boys Track and Field competes at Bennett – dismissal at 2:15

At 4:00 PM JV Baseball takes on Parkside at home

At 4:00 PM JV Softball battles Parkside at home

At 4:00 PM Boys and Girls Tennis takes on Bennett at home

At 4:00 PM Varsity Softball plays at Parkside – dismissal at 1:30

At 4:00 PM Varsity Baseball plays at Parkside – dismissal at 1:30

At 4:00 PM Girls Varsity Lacrosse battles St. Mary’s Ryken at home

At 5:30 PM Girls JV Lacrosse takes on Bennett at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!