Tuesday, May 7

Today Celebrates: Tourism Day and National Teacher’s Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken and Vegetable Dumplings, Rotini with Meat Sauce and Garlic Toast, Steamed Green Beans, Steamed Corn, Applesauce Cup, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Decatur Nation! This week we honor Children’s Mental Health Matters Week with some fun challenges. Today you are challenged with a Social Media Break: Take the school day away from your phone and focus on your studies and the people around you.

Day Two of Teacher Appreciation Week is here, and it is time to “Lend a Hand” to your teachers. Hi-Five or give a pound to your teachers as they tally their participants on colored index cards. The teacher who showcases the most enthusiasm will get to leave at 2:00 on Friday! Educators Rising will announce the winner on Wednesday.

Attention Film Society Members! TODAY’s scheduled meeting has been postponed to this Thursday. Sorry for any inconvenience. Again, Film Society will meet this Thursday, May 9th instead of today. See Mr. Thompson with questions.

Seniors! ALL seniors owe $20.00 for class dues. Payments can be made to see Mrs. Garton at this time. This debt must be paid before you will be allowed to buy your ticket for prom.

Attention ALL seniors, tune in tomorrow for a BIG announcement you won’t want to miss.

Attention Juniors and Seniors: If you’re attending prom you must get a Debt-less sign off sheet completed prior to prom ticket purchase. This sign off is required for ALL SDHS students attending prom, regardless of grade.

If you’re bringing a non-SDHS student, you must complete an out of school guest form, which are available in the main office, and have it approved by administration prior to ticket purchase as well. Approval process takes one to two school days. See your grade level administrator with questions.

Prom tickets are on sale each morning in the square today and tomorrow, and Thursday from 7:30 until 8:00. Thursday is the LAST day to purchase tickets. Tickets are $50 each. See Mr. Greenwood with questions.

There will be a Fellowship of christian Athletes meeting this Thursday, May 9th at 7:15 in D-151, Mr. Drahiem’s room. See Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott or Mrs. Kullori if you have any questions. All are Welcome!

Attention all students and staff, there will be a fundraiser for the Mathematics department this Thursday at Popeyes in West Ocean City from 5:00 until 8:00! Come enjoy delicious food while supporting your math department! See you there! Love that chicken from Popeyes!

The girls tennis team should be excused from class at 12:15 for a 12:30 departure for the Bayside Championship at Washington College. If any girl eats C or D lunch they should eat A or B. Good luck today girls, go make history and bring back the 1st girls Bayside Championship in school history.

At 9:00 AM Unified Bocce competes in the State Tournament at Washington College

At 3:30 PM JV Baseball plays at Parkside – dismissal at 1:30

At 4:00 PM Girls Tennis compete in the Bayside Championships at Washington College

At 5:00 PM Varsity Softball plays in the Bayside Championships at Salisbury University

At 6:00 PM Varsity Baseball plays in the Bayside Championship at Perdue Stadium

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!