Wednesday, December 13

Today Celebrates: Ice Cream Day, Violin Day, National Cocoa Day, and Swiftie Appreciation Day!

Lunch for today includes: Ham and Cheese Rippers, Popcorn Chicken with Roll, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Steamed Broccoli, Diced Peaches, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Tis the season for some holiday cheer and music! Come out and support the SDHS Choral program by attending our winter concert TONIGHT beginning at 6:00 pm in the auditorium. Mr. Gross and Company promise to put on a great show. We hope to see you there!

Want to make someone’s day? Send a candy cane gram this holiday season. Beginning TODAY and running until Tuesday, December 19th the National English Honor Society is hosting the annual candy cane gram sale. Stop by the table in the cafeteria during your lunch shift to order a candy cane gram for your friends, teachers, and even yourself! All grams will be delivered Wednesday, December 20th.

As the Holiday season takes hold, be sure to hold on to those memories! Add the 2024 Seahawk Yearbook to your holiday shopping list. Purchase your copy online at yearbookforever.com. Copies are 95 dollars each, but that price increases to 110 dollars on February 3rd, so don’t delay, pre-order today and save!

Good News Decatur! Registration for the winter session of the After School Academy is NOW open! Check out the flyers posted around school for a full list of programs offered and sign up using the QR code or through the school’s website. The Winter Sessions begin on January 8th. Get involved, become enriched!

Decatur Nation! The Hawk is YOUR student newspaper, and we’re looking for YOU to join. If you want to join The Hawk this Spring, run and see your Guidance Counselor to get signed up. Newspaper will be a fourth-period class in the spring semester. Best of all… in March, students on The Hawk will spend three nights in New York City for an unforgettable field trip. Want to find out more? See Mr. Shane or your guidance counselor for more details.

There will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday and next Thursday at 7:10 in D-151, Mr. Drahiem’s room. See Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott or Mrs. Kolluri if you have any questions. All are welcome!

Last Thursday, both girls and boys swim teams beat Nandua with scores of 116 to 51 and 101 to 56. Yesterday, the girls and boys teams both won again against Sussex Central with scores of 128 to 37 and 114 to 33. Way to go! Next up is Indian River this Thursday.

Congratulations to the JV Girls Basketball team on their third win of the season with a 69 to 6 win over Washington. The team was lead by Jayda Taylor and McKenna DePalma’s 14 points and Harper Bergman chipped in with 7 points.

Congratulations to the Girls’ Varsity Basketball team on its 47 to 10 victory over Washington in last night’s home opener. Jozlyn Tyre had 11 pts, Paityn Tyre had 10pts and 5 steals, Makenzee Purnell had 9 points and 10 rebounds, and Sadie Kauffman had 8 points, 15 rebounds and 6 steals. Congratulations to the whole team for an awesome win! Be sure to come support the team again tomorrow, Thursday, December 14th at 6:00 pm against Crisfield.

At 2:00 PM Indoor Track competes at the Worcester Rec Center – dismissal at 12:15

At 4:30 PM Boys JV Basketball plays at Washington – dismissal at 2:30

At 6:00 PM Boys Varsity Basketball plays at Washington – dismissal also 2:30

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!