Friday, January 6

Today Celebrates: Bean Day and Cuddle Up Day!

Lunch for today includes: Mickey’s Cheese Pizza, Cheeseburger, Oven Baked Crinkle Fries, Steamed Peas, Diced Pears, and Milk.

PBIS is pleased to announce the student of the month for December. Please congratulate Eva Thompson for receiving two positive referrals! For her efforts and for supporting our school wide initiative PARR, she earned a gift card to Chick-fil-a.

PBIS also wants to congratulate Lauren Sharkey for being our staff member of the month. Ms. Sharkey never hesitates to help students and staff alike and we appreciate her! Thank you to all members fo our SDHS community that exhibit Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility!

Members of Spinebreakers, we will meet next Monday to complete an end survey on Firekeeper’s Daughter and will begin our next novel, Feed by M.T. Anderson. Anderson’s novel Feed is sent in a future dystopian America, where internet connections feed directly into the consumer’s brain. The plot centers on the unfolding love story between Titus Gray, an average kid on a weekend trip to the moon, and Violet Durn, a brainy girl who has decided to fight the feed. If you would like a free copy of the book, come to the meeting, complete a survey, and then read all about the feed! If you have any questions, see Mr. Thompson, Mr. vonRigler, or Mrs. Terlizzi.

National English Honor Society members. Please be advised that we will hold an officer’s meeting on Wednesday, January 11 and a general meeting on Thursday, January 12 in Mrs. Terlizzi’s room. Please plan accordingly.

Over the summer, the media center received a re-design to better suit students’ needs. Chloe Kohut and Payton Piercey have the story. (Roll Library Update 2:26). Renovations continue in the media center, so continue to check out the changes.

Decatur Nation! The end of the semester is approaching! Schedule an appointment with the Seahawk Writing Center to obtain assistance with your essays and other written work! Scan the QR code around the school to schedule a half-hour session with a writing tutor. End the semester on a high note! 30 minutes can change your tune, and grade!

Seniors! This is the last call to have your senior portraits taken! All yearbook photos MUST be taken through Prestige Portraits and those photos MUST be taken by February 1st. Schedule an appointment time in the Lifetouch studio in Salisbury now, before it’s too late!

Any girl interested in playing softball this spring for Decatur, please stop by the table outside the cafeteria during your lunch shift to pick up important information about preseason workouts.

On January 5th, the SDHS swim team faced Kent Island. The SDHS girls team defeated Kent Island with a score of 94 – 76. Event winners included Kayden Hamby, Natalie Canham, Vienna Williams, Trista Harner, and Emily Henley. Great job ladies!

The boy’s swim team also defeated Kent Island in a back and forth meet with a score of 79 to 75. Event winners include Gavin Stearn, Daniel Karcheuski, Mason Castanares, and Gavin Conway.

The Varsity Women’s Basketball team brought home another victory last night against North Dorchester with a score of 58 to 34. Senior captain Mayah Gardner put up 58 points sophomore Allison Swift scored 12 points. Way to go Seahawks!

At 5:00 PM Boys and Girls Wrestling competes in the Iron Horse Duels at C. Milton Wright High – dismissal at 11:45

At 5:00 PM Girls Varsity Basketball battles Crisfield at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!