Wednesday, February 22

Today Celebrates: Ash Wednesday, Be Humble Day, and International World Thinking Day!

Lunch for today includes: Mozzarella Sticks with Marinara Sauce, BBQ Pork Sandwich, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Steamed Green Beans, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

In celebration of National FFA Week, today is Farm to Fork Day! Be sure to pack fresh foods for a healthy lunch. Did you know that one farmer feeds approximately 209 people? Fresh foods are easy to find in our county with so many farmers and farm stands, especially during the summer season. Be sure to thank a farmer for lunch!

It’s time for the Seahawk Writing Center Spring Reboot! Are you interested in writing or improving yours and others’ writing? Are you interested in increasing your service hours? Anyone involved in the Seahawk Writing Center or anyone interested in becoming a writing center tutor, come to the 2023 Seahawk Writing Center TODAY at 2:50.

Decatur Nation! You are invited to celebrate the Media Expo Award Winners on Thursday, February 23rd, that’s TOMORROW! SDHS had 86 students move on to the county level with over 180 entries. These entries and others from across the county will be on display from 5:30 till 6:30 at Worcester Technical High School. At 6:30, the Awards Ceremony will begin. 36 SDHS Students will be awarded either Gold or Silver medals for the work that they did. Want to see if you’re getting a medal? Head to Schoology to find out!

Attention all band, orchestra, and band front students. This is a reminder that your Spring trip commitment payments are due this week. Remember PayPal is now available thru the band boosters. Please try to get those in as soon as you can.

PROMise is back again to host their 8th annual prom gown giveaway at Parkside High School in Salisbury on Saturday, March 4. The PROMise Project is a non-profit organization that provides dresses for girls across the Eastern Shore. This event will feature more than one thousand prom gowns ranging in sizes 0 to 26.

All gowns have been donated to the non-profit organization throughout the years by various local retail shop. The event is free and open to all Delmarva high school students. Students must present a valid high school ID for admittance to the event. The event will start at 10am and it will end at 2pm. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Johnson at Room C129.

There will be no Art Club this Thursday, February 23. We will meet again on Thursday March 2. Please see Mrs. Fardelmann if you have any questions.

Are you hungry for some baked treats? Do you want to help homeless animals? Stop by the concession stand immediately after school today and enjoy cookies, rice krispie treats, and other goodies at the KAAAT club bake sale. Proceeds will be used to fund our upcoming pet food drive.

Any girl interested in trying out for softball, submit Family ID and a physical form before March 1st. See Coach Kurtz in room A-172 if you have questions.

Attention all athletes planning to try out for men’s lacrosse. Please be sure to register through Family ID and be ready to go on March 1st at 4:30 in the stadium.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!