Monday, March 27

Today Celebrates: National “Joe” Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken Fajitas, Cheeseburger, Steamed Corn, Steamed Kale, Diced Pears, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

The LGBTQ+ Fact of the Week, sponsored by GSA is: On March 24, 2021, Dr. Rachel Levine, assistant secretary for health in the Department of Health and Human Services became the first out transgender federal official to be confirmed by the Senate.

Congratulations to the Science Olympiad team for placing 6th in the region at their tournament last Saturday. The team placed top 12 in numerous events out of 40 teams, including 8 top 6 finishes by Sophomores Benjamin Chase and Logan Donmoyer, Juniors Daniela Carrasco-Gonzalez and Simran Jain, and Seniors Rina Dirickson, Jack Greenwood, Arlenni Rodriguez-Carpio, Aryavir Sangwan, and Maxwell Stein. We wish the team good luck at states next month!

Attention all National Honor Society Inductees and Outgoing Members: Please be sure to check Schoology for practice day and times. We will have a practice for new inductees ONLY on Tuesday from 9:00 until 10:00. Morning WTHS students should NOT remain behind. We will be sure absentees know what they’re doing as we line up for the ceremony on Wednesday. Outgoing members: We will have practices on Tuesday from 10 – 11:15 and/or from 1:15 – 2:30. Please try to make at least one practice. Announcements will be made.

Decatur Nation! Now is your chance to get some writing support. Every Tuesday through Thursday, writing tutoring will be available to students in Mrs. Tracy’s room, A-118, from 7:15 until 8:00 a.m. Be sure to bring your writing assignment, expectations, and or required rubrics. All academic writing will be targeted.

If you love film and could spend hours discussing movies and shows, then the Decatur Film Society is a place for you! We meet every Tuesday to view a film and discuss it the following week. Part of the After School Academy, Film Society meets every Tuesday in the DNN studio. Lights, Camera, Action! See Mr. Thompson if you have any questions.

Need some extra support before AP exams? Come join the Math Club as we study for the AP Calculus AB/BC and AP Statistics Exam! Practice resources will be provided, but feel free to bring your own study resources or homework. If you have any questions, Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott and other students will be willing to help and answer. After School Transportation and Free Snacks will be provided. The first session is Thursday, March 30th, after school in A-121, Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott’s room. If interested, please sign up using the Spring After School Academy QR code.

Attention all 1st semester orchestra students. This is a reminder that you have district festival on Thursday! We will have an after school practice on Wednesday, right after school in Mr. Foell’s classroom beginning at 3pm. The adjudication will be all day on Thursday at WIHI. So again, that’s orchestra practice, after school this Wednesday from 3 until 4:15. See You then!

There will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday and every Thursday until spring break beginning at 7:15 in Mr. Drahiem’s room, D-153. See Ms. Fluty or Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott if you have any questions. All are welcome!

At 4:00 PM Varsity Softball plays at WiHi – dismissal at 2:15

At 4:00 PM Varsity Baseball plays at WiHi – dismissal at 2:15

At 4:00 PM Girls and Boys Tennis battle North Caroline at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Magnificent Monday Decatur!