Tuesday, February 14

Today Celebrates: Ferris Wheel Day, National Organ Donor Day, and Valentine’s Day!

Lunch for today includes: Meatloaf with Gravy, Popcorn Chicken, Whipped Potatoes, Steamed Brussel Sprouts, Diced Pears, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

PBIS is pleased to announce the student as well as staff member of the month for the month of January. Rina Dirickson received two positive referrals for helping our SDHS community and for being a stellar student. Way to show Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility, Rina! Ms. Shannon Bone received two nominations for being a fabulous co-worker and wonderful teacher. We are so pleased to honor her for January! Both recipients will be congratulated by Mr. Sites and receive gift cards for demonstrating “the Decatur Way”. Congratulations to Rina and Ms. Bone!

Any student interested in learning more about our Advanced Placement (AP) courses being offered next year, please attend our AP Potential meeting on Friday, February 17 at 8:30 in the cafeteria. Come see how AP courses can benefit you!

Are you interested in swinging a flag or a rifle, performing at football games, or marching in parades? The SDHS Color Guard is holding auditions in the cafeteria this afternoon, Tuesday, February 14 and tomorrow afternoon, Wednesday, February 15 from 3:00 to 4:30. Come give it a twirl!

Spinebreakers, if you missed yesterday’s meeting, please make sure you complete the short survey posted in our Schoology group. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Terlizzi, Mr. Thompson, or Mr. vonRigler.

Teachers and students don’t forget to sign up for the Black History Month event taking place TOMORROW. The list of speakers is available in your email and the Media Center. Support our community members as they speak and read poetry, share philosophical ideas, build connections through history, and more!

The Decatur Film Society will meet TODAY to discuss the film Bolt. Discussion will begin at 3:00 with voting for our next film taking place after the discussion. We are open to all students who love cinematography and film. Sign up through the After School Academy and join us in the DNN studio. See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

At 3:30 PM Unified Bowling competes at Pocomoke Lanes – dismissal at 2:00

At 4:30 PM Girls Varsity Basketball plays at Mardela – departure at 3:00

At 6:00 PM Boys Varsity Basketball plays at Mardela – departure also 3:00

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Lovely Tuesday Decatur!