Thursday, February 23

Today Celebrates: International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day and Tennis Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken Tenders with Roll, Meatball Sub, Sweet Potato Lattice Fries, Green Peas, Diced Pears, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

In celebration of National FFA Week, today is Blue Jean Day! Wear your favorite denim jeans. While not just a fashion item, blue jeans are made from cotton, and fiber grown from plants. This renewable fiber is grown here in the United States. Cotton fibers make up many of our clothing items. Cotton threads even make up the dollar bills of your hard-earned cash!

There will be no Art Club TODAY. We will meet again on Thursday, March 2. Please see Mrs. Fardelmann if you have any questions.

Decatur Nation! You are invited to celebrate the Media Expo Award Winners! SDHS had 86 students move on to the county level with over 180 entries. These entries and others from across the county will be on display TONIGHT from 5:30 till 6:30 at Worcester Technical High School. At 6:30, the Awards Ceremony will begin. 36 SDHS Students will be awarded either Gold or Silver medals for the work that they did.

Attention all band, orchestra, and band front students. This is a reminder that your Spring trip commitment payments are due this week. Remember PayPal is now available thru the band boosters. Please try to get those in as soon as you can.

PROMise is back again to host their 8th annual prom gown giveaway at Parkside High School in Salisbury on Saturday, March 4. The PROMise Project is a non-profit organization that provides dresses for girls across the Eastern Shore. This event will feature more than one thousand prom gowns ranging in sizes 0 to 26.

All gowns have been donated to the non-profit organization throughout the years by various local retail shops. The event is free and open to all Delmarva high school students. Students must present a valid high school ID for admittance to the event. The event will start at 10am and it will end at 2pm. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Johnson at Room C129.

Attention All Seniors! For the first time in forever, we are taking a senior class trip! It’s a “sweet” one to Hershey Park on May 22nd with a rain date of May 25th. The cost of the trip is $50 and it is open to the first 100 seniors who submit their money and permission slip to Mrs. Berquist in the CRT Office. Cash or checks made payable to SDHS will be accepted. Permission slips are available outside of the CRT Office now. Don’t miss out on this culminating high school experience.

Any girl interested in trying out for softball, submit Family ID and a physical form before March 1st. See Coach Kurtz in room A-172 if you have questions.

Attention all athletes planning to try out for men’s lacrosse. Please be sure to register through Family ID and be ready to go on March 1st at 4:30 in the stadium.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!