Friday, February 24

Today Celebrates: National Tortilla Chip Day!

Lunch for today includes: Mickey’s Cheese Pizza, Turkey and Cheese Lunch Kit, Oven Baked Fries, Steamed Turnip Greens, Diced Peaches, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

In celebration of National FFA Week, today is FFA Shirt Day! Represent our student organization by wearing your favorite farm shirt. FFA is a dynamic youth organization that changes lives and prepares members for premier leadership, personal growth, and career success through agricultural education.

PROMise is back again to host their 8th annual prom gown giveaway at Parkside High School in Salisbury on Saturday, March 4. The PROMise Project is a non-profit organization that provides dresses for girls across the Eastern Shore. This event will feature more than one thousand prom gowns ranging in sizes 0 to 26.

All gowns have been donated to the non-profit organization throughout the years by various local retail shops. The event is free and open to all Delmarva high school students. Students must present a valid high school ID for admittance to the event. The event will start at 10am and it will end at 2pm. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Johnson in Room C129.

Decatur Nation! You may have seen the posts on social media, but DNN has the exclusive! This past Wednesday, in celebration of the money raised by the Leo Club during their gratitude card fundraiser, Shiloh Carmack pied an administrator during A Lunch. Thank you to all those who donated as all the money raised will be donated to support the Leader Dog Foundation for training guide dogs for the blind. Now, let’s see that DNN exclusive! (Roll Hill Pied Video 1:03)

Attention All Seniors! For the first time in forever, we are taking a senior class trip! It’s a “sweet” one to Hershey Park on May 22nd with a rain date of May 25th. The cost of the trip is $50 and it is open to the first 100 seniors who submit their money and permission slip to Mrs. Berquist in the CRT Office. Cash or checks made payable to SDHS will be accepted. Permission slips are available outside of the CRT Office now. Don’t miss out on this culminating high school experience.

Any girl interested in trying out for softball, submit Family ID and a physical form before March 1st. See Coach Kurtz in room A-172 if you have questions.

Attention all athletes planning to try out for men’s lacrosse. Please be sure to register through Family ID and be ready to go on March 1st at 4:30 in the stadium.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have Fantastic Friday Decatur!